Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   OMG freakin' out (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2677)

kolte October 15th, 2005 02:14 PM

OMG freakin' out

I'm losing my mind here, having a massive ocd freak out. Argh, I don't even know why. I'm just looking at how filty my house is, and how dirty I am, and my teeth, and my cloths, and ahhhhhhh. I don't even know what to do, I took my meds but Its not helping, I'm still loosing it. And vt is so disorganized, and uneven and I don't know what I'm even talking out Im freaking out here people. Sombody help me please.

kevin October 15th, 2005 02:38 PM

Just lay down and take a breather and drink some water. If you can, sleep a little bit. Get your mind over it.

Pink-Floyd November 5th, 2005 06:45 PM

Oh No, Just from what I read there Kolte, Im wondering if i Have A Bit of OCD, What is OCD Exactly??

Joe March 22nd, 2006 06:29 PM

I dont have it but its hard to explain =[

RunAwayMolly March 23rd, 2006 09:37 PM

Re: OMG freakin' out

Quote:

Originally Posted by koler
I'm losing my mind here, having a massive ocd freak out. Argh, I don't even know why. I'm just looking at how filty my house is, and how dirty I am, and my teeth, and my cloths, and ahhhhhhh. I don't even know what to do, I took my meds but Its not helping, I'm still loosing it. And vt is so disorganized, and uneven and I don't know what I'm even talking out Im freaking out here people. Sombody help me please.

the best thing you can do when that happens is distract yourself... or rename it. remember it is only ocd... its not some other force... i know its hard... but its a step... OR i jsut puch pillows and couches and stuff because sometimes its just sooooooooo stressful... I'm really sorry... no fun i know... :(

kolte March 23rd, 2006 11:07 PM

as kind as you all are for you helpful tips, this is about five months old, though I was having trouble five months ago, I'm quite allright now thankyou.

Shaolin May 19th, 2006 05:42 PM

Sounds like you were having a rough time.

There are plenty of psychological treatments for OCD other than medication. Im sure with medication and other treatments you could improve your fears. By any chance are you recieving cognitive behavioural therapy as a treatment? I've read abit about it's use in OCD and apparently it's highly effective. If not, maybe it couldn't hurt to talk to your doc or research it to see what you can do when the meds just aren't enough.

JunkBondTrader June 8th, 2006 10:02 AM

I'm extremely late on this but though I'd put in my advice. To be honest this doesn't sound like OCD. It sounds more like the similarly named but notably different Obsessig Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD).