Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I think i have OCD and im really scared. (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267)

blondebabe36528 November 21st, 2004 02:58 PM

I think i have OCD and im really scared.

Hi. Im thirteen and going through a crazy enough life as it is. I moved last summer and i have to go to a new school. I've been @ this school for a few months and I dont have many friends. But neway, my new problem is, well, what i think, is OCD. Since a year or two ago, I watch a movie, The Ring *shudder* and I've been paranoid of it ever since. I constantly check all the windows and doors in the house. I check every empty space, like an empty drawer, under the bed, in bathtubs, ect. I thought it was all paranoia but now i do even weirder things. I HAVE to pray everynight because im scared god will have Samara (the girl from the movie)kill me for not being involved in my religion. I have to have everything grouped in threes. Like i have to have three picture frams clumped together on my dresser, stuff like that. Nothing can be in the electical outlits, i think b/c im scared it will start a fire, and things that are in the shape of a circle are not allowed in my room. I always think sum1 is behind me. *like rite now* And if something touches one part of me, like the wall hits my left leg, it HAS to hit my rite leg. I always do things in fours. Like ill check something four times. I always look for patterens, and when I step with one foot, i count to two and then I do the same thing whenever i step.! Im such a freak. I hate myself so much. Somethimes I think i mite hurt myself and then i think, no im not phsyco, i could never do something like that. I dont understand whats going on with me. Is this OCD, is it paranoia, is it all in my head like my parents say? I dont know. I hate constantly being scared and stuff. I hate it. Plz help me if u can. I have been going on this site every day. Its my new 'thing' i have to do no matter what. Uhg, i hate this. :cry:

serial-thrilla February 5th, 2005 04:54 PM

i also have ocd and it does sound like you do have it but theres nothing to be afraid of. just talk to your parents about it. i have it to but mine is under control. but i know what you mean when i first got it, it was hell you'll just have to get through it.

Dante February 14th, 2005 06:11 PM

Re: I think i have OCD and im really scared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondebabe36528
Hi. Im thirteen and going through a crazy enough life as it is. I moved last summer and i have to go to a new school. I've been @ this school for a few months and I dont have many friends. But neway, my new problem is, well, what i think, is OCD. Since a year or two ago, I watch a movie, The Ring *shudder* and I've been paranoid of it ever since. I constantly check all the windows and doors in the house. I check every empty space, like an empty drawer, under the bed, in bathtubs, ect. I thought it was all paranoia but now i do even weirder things. I HAVE to pray everynight because im scared god will have Samara (the girl from the movie)kill me for not being involved in my religion. I have to have everything grouped in threes. Like i have to have three picture frams clumped together on my dresser, stuff like that. Nothing can be in the electical outlits, i think b/c im scared it will start a fire, and things that are in the shape of a circle are not allowed in my room. I always think sum1 is behind me. *like rite now* And if something touches one part of me, like the wall hits my left leg, it HAS to hit my rite leg. I always do things in fours. Like ill check something four times. I always look for patterens, and when I step with one foot, i count to two and then I do the same thing whenever i step.! Im such a freak. I hate myself so much. Somethimes I think i mite hurt myself and then i think, no im not phsyco, i could never do something like that. I dont understand whats going on with me. Is this OCD, is it paranoia, is it all in my head like my parents say? I dont know. I hate constantly being scared and stuff. I hate it. Plz help me if u can. I have been going on this site every day. Its my new 'thing' i have to do no matter what. Uhg, i hate this. :cry:

from what you are saying, you do have OCD, the thing with the ring, don't worry, just tell your self that it is just a movie. And you shouldnt hate urself,there is no reason to.

serial-thrilla February 15th, 2005 05:58 PM

damn thats tough, good luck!

shattered image February 20th, 2005 02:01 PM

It's only a moive.

Shaolin April 3rd, 2005 11:11 AM

OCD isn't just caused by watching a movie, there are a whole lot of other factors such as genes. Maybe the initial fear of watching the movie made a mark on your mind and interacted with your genes, causing you to develop OCD, or it might not even be OCD, only a professional can tell you that.

From what i know about unwanted re occuring thoughts, it's that they are usually the opposite of your character, but not always. For example someone might be a very nice calm placid person and in contrast, get thoughts of their family dead or them causing harm, and then do a compulsion to help relieve that.

A good way to cope with your thoughts, for now until (if you can) get some professional advice, is to do 'thought stopping'.

It's a simple technique but can be quite hard to master. Everytime you get a thought that you don't agree with and don't like such as that Samara is going to kill you if you don't count.

Pinch yourself, make yourself feel and believe that it's Ok and normal for you to have thoughts like these because you cant control your thoughts all the time. You need to make your mind realise that having these thoughts are Ok, and no different to nay others thoughts, and then your mind will have no reason to keep replaying them. Don't try and stop the thought happening, let it always play out in your head as far as it wants to go, and always remember it's ok.

If you want i can find a webpage which has this technique on it in better detail, it's useful for people suffering from OCD and people just having unwanted thoughts.

Did you know of OCD before you started experiancing these problems?

LegallyBlonde101 May 6th, 2005 09:47 PM

Wat is ODC

LegallyBlonde101 May 6th, 2005 09:48 PM

I mean OCD :oops:

InneedofaJob97 May 10th, 2005 02:53 PM

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, im 13 and i think i might of had it for a while but its going away i think... i would always have these urges like if my friend would move something to the left i'd have to move it right again because i felt it had to be done. iwas bothered by my nose for about a year, i would see it in my vision and it was uneven-ish so one side was different from the other and it bothered the heck outa me. i also had the counting my steps sometimes and aranging things. eventually i just got over it.

LegallyBlonde101 May 17th, 2005 05:50 PM

weird :?

WakeUp June 12th, 2005 03:26 PM

from what i know about OCD is that something can spark it off, i dno where i heard it but i know i heard it about OCD.
I think you probably had it in your genes and the movie sparked it off.

It's just a movie anyway

RunAwayMolly June 15th, 2005 05:40 PM

when someone has a chemical embalance things like movies can affet a person more then someone without a chemical embalance... especially if they have ocd... im the same way... please get help and take control of this before it becomes worse...

monkeylover July 28th, 2005 07:28 PM

OCD

I have OCD and I can tell you not to worry. Yes it is true that you constently check everywhere and everything but that is from fear. Don't worry because if you do you are going to let fear take over you and there is no reason for that.

foof1 May 8th, 2008 11:06 PM

ocd will not kill you or anything. its just really annoying and time wasting. i have it so i know

hollister_ August 10th, 2008 02:14 PM

I believe I also have O.C.D.
I can't sleep in my bed if my mum doesn't make it.
If I do somehting with my fingers, I [I]have[I] to do it to my other 9.
If I crack one of my ankles, I have to crack my other.
It's annoying
>=[

Atonement August 10th, 2008 02:51 PM

OOOOOOLLLLLDDDD thread.

:locked: