Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Contamination fear? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220734)

Karkat February 3rd, 2015 12:35 AM

Contamination fear?

So I SORT OF have OCD (I have not been diagnosed directly, just told I have tendencies)

One of my biggest problems is contamination fear

I'm always afraid to clean my room, or go through stuff because I fear I might find a dead bug/cockroach infestation/mold/etc

I get panic attacks at the sight of bugs

Contaminated food is immediately dumped

I can only drink water from special cups, and I get anxiety if it isn't filtered

Showers never feel helpful, I always feel gross

Everything is kinda nasty, and I just quietly live in misery in my filth because it's too draining and overwhelming to fix

You know how some people who have OCD clean everything a billion times a day? I can't- I'm beyond that

I'd love to, but I can't

Any tips on how to deal with this? I had to deal with a mini maggot infestation today, and I nearly lost it >_<

James Dean February 4th, 2015 03:59 AM

Re: Contamination fear?

Have you tried wearing gloves? If there were roaches or rats in my room, I would like for them to be gone and find out the source and probably not leave food in my room.

I noticed I would leave a bag of trash in my room and I would get pests so I try to not have any type of trash, especially food trash in my room for longer than two days.

Maybe get yourself a bottle or a cup that has a lid for if you drink and set it down, you won't get any extra ingredients in your beverage. :)

Karkat February 4th, 2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CELT (Post 3054077)
Have you tried wearing gloves? If there were roaches or rats in my room, I would like for them to be gone and find out the source and probably not leave food in my room.

I noticed I would leave a bag of trash in my room and I would get pests so I try to not have any type of trash, especially food trash in my room for longer than two days.

Maybe get yourself a bottle or a cup that has a lid for if you drink and set it down, you won't get any extra ingredients in your beverage. :)

We have weird weather and our house isn't built right, so it's not entirely in the realm of my control :P

I try not to wear gloves on a constant basis as I feel it's regression. I also try to limit repetitive cleanliness routines. Shorten my showers to bare minimum.

I actually use plastic bags to cover my cups XD

Thanks for replying :)

SmilingMJ June 29th, 2018 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karkat (Post 3053153)
I get panic attacks at the sight of bugs

You can fight those creatures effectively without seeing them, just use traps and chemicals to get rid of bugs. I had ants in my kitchen and it was terrible, so I started to find ways of solution. I found some tips here. This guy knows a lot about how to get rid of bugs, roaches, flies and so one.

I hate those little guys too. They are so scary, so I can understand your pain :(

isa_bella340 June 29th, 2018 06:25 PM

maybe you should get some bug traps, and get some gloves and Lysol.
do the big traps like a week in advance, and then put gloves on to throw it away ( or try to get some family help. then put gloves on and clean your room. if you keep your room clean, more than likey you have less stress because it's cleaner. you can use Lysol disinfectant spray to make you feel better about it??

now idk I've never dealt with this kinda stuff, just trying to help

Sailor Mars June 29th, 2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilingMJ (Post 3695961)
You can fight those creatures effectively without seeing them, just use traps and chemicals to get rid of bugs. I had ants in my kitchen and it was terrible, so I started to find ways of solution. I found some tips here. This guy knows a lot about how to get rid of bugs, roaches, flies and so one.

I hate those little guys too. They are so scary, so I can understand your pain :(

Donít bump threads that have been inactive for two or more months :locked: