Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Is This normal? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2042217)

devo343 December 24th, 2017 12:03 PM

Is This normal?

i dont know if this would be a eating disorder but no matter what i do i can stop feeling hungry i eat and eat and eat junk food,bread you name it and my famlly has put a limit on how much i can eat which is fine i can understand why im about
16 5'4 115 pounds super skinny im thinking its just metablosim but i want other peoples feedback on what they think

andrea03 December 24th, 2017 12:13 PM

Re: Is This normal?

sounds like you just don't feel satiated. try eating more protein and less carbs and drink a cup of water between bites.

Jaffe December 24th, 2017 12:24 PM

You probably do have a fast metabolism. Which can be a good thing. You also might be in a growth spurt, which requires more energy.

It is probably a good idea to cut back on carbs - cereal and bread especially - and increase the proteins and fats. Those will stay with you longer; bread makes you hungry again right away.

Also add lots of fibre, as fibre makes you feel full. Fibre = vegetables. Fruits give some, but fruit is more sugar, veggies are more fibre. I doubt your parents will complain about the quantity, if it is vegetables.

If you are eating a healthy and varied diet, with little bread or sugar, then the quantity is not really important. Eat healthy and enjoy good food.

Juliarules832 December 24th, 2017 10:32 PM

Sounds like you are a teenager.

Just JT December 24th, 2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaffe (Post 3607695)
You probably do have a fast metabolism. Which can be a good thing. You also might be in a growth spurt, which requires more energy.

It is probably a good idea to cut back on carbs - cereal and bread especially - and increase the proteins and fats. Those will stay with you longer; bread makes you hungry again right away.

Also add lots of fibre, as fibre makes you feel full. Fibre = vegetables. Fruits give some, but fruit is more sugar, veggies are more fibre. I doubt your parents will complain about the quantity, if it is vegetables.

If you are eating a healthy and varied diet, with little bread or sugar, then the quantity is not really important. Eat healthy and enjoy good food.

Stealing my thunder bro...

I was going to say I think itís the wrong food for your body. Everybodyís body is different. So is the metabolism. So you may not feel hungry cause youíre matabolising food faster cause your body doesnít need whatís in it. Try a balanced diet. Maybe even see a nutritionist. Theyíll set you up on a health diet designed for you

elouisemay20 December 27th, 2017 03:43 PM

This isn't an eating disorder. You probably just aren't eating a proper diet, which means that you aren't getting the full feeling after a good meal. Perhaps try 3 good balanced meals, instead of just eating when you feel like it. You may also just be bored.

Martainfey96 December 29th, 2017 05:24 PM

I eat a ton and am always hungry. I weigh 120 lbs and am MALE . Way underweight but it's because of a super fast metabolism so be gracious for it!

NewLeafsFan January 23rd, 2018 07:04 AM

It doesn't seem to be effecting you badly. You are probably right when you say it is a metabolism thing. But it will slow down some day. There is a mental part to eating disorders. I don't like that your family is stopping you from eating. I worry that it is encouraging you to closet eat. Do you eat more when you are stressed? Is eating junk food just a bad habit or is it more than that?

BlackParadePixie January 23rd, 2018 10:46 PM

your family shouldn't be putting a limit on how much you eat, as long as it's MOSTLY healthy things you're eating. Your body is growing and needs energy...if you're eating the proper things that will give you the things you need to keep growing, there's nothing wrong with that.

HardCandyGirl January 27th, 2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliarules832 (Post 3607869)
Sounds like you are a teenager.

:D you're right

Anyway, you could see a doctor, a dietitian, maybe. I mean, a professional opinion. Meanwhile, it's a good idea to eat fruits, do some exercise...

CuteGuy889 February 3rd, 2018 11:51 PM

Well, this sounds just like me when I was 14-15....I used to eat like hell and was stick skinny...But then by about 16 or so I started to store some fat, may be my metablolism finally gave in, ....then from my weight of 95lbs in 15 I've now put on to weigh 165lbs....I still eat kinda like the same....but now it all actually comes out as fat.....I'm still normal weight...I'll start cutting back when I close in on being over-weight..
So your metabolism will hold but when you hit your late teens it will give in and you will start putting on suddently.

Dying Ember February 13th, 2018 02:53 PM

Eating disorders are mental illnesses so no you do not have an eating disorder. As others have said as a teenager your body will go through periods of times like this. You could always consult a doctor if you felt that concerned about it

devo343 March 10th, 2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan (Post 3623619)
It doesn't seem to be effecting you badly. You are probably right when you say it is a metabolism thing. But it will slow down some day. There is a mental part to eating disorders. I don't like that your family is stopping you from eating. I worry that it is encouraging you to closet eat. Do you eat more when you are stressed? Is eating junk food just a bad habit or is it more than that?

very sry for the late respone by the my parents not letting me eat meaning i cant eat snack after snack after snack no matter what it is execpt fruit and veggies and yes i tend to eat alot of junk food and i do tend to eat a little more when strressed

NewLeafsFan March 11th, 2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devo343 (Post 3640109)
very sry for the late respone by the my parents not letting me eat meaning i cant eat snack after snack after snack no matter what it is execpt fruit and veggies and yes i tend to eat alot of junk food and i do tend to eat a little more when strressed

Ok. These are bad habits that you would benefit from working on.

Tori101 March 12th, 2018 11:56 PM

I have a friend who is a guy and he eats non stop and never gains weight. I think your fine.

samuel15 March 13th, 2018 06:14 AM

There is a mental disorder that makes it so you can't know when you are full, maybe you have that