Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Schizophrenia (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I keep hallucinating in class (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2041173)

ambitious_eclipse November 9th, 2017 11:44 AM

I keep hallucinating in class

I keep nearly falling asleep in class, but while I'm in this state of tiredness, I keep hallucinating things and being really disoriented.

For example, I hallucinated someone coming after me with a knife from behind me to the right...I sit in the back right corner of the classroom, there's no space behind me to the right. It's weird that I'd hallucinate the room being bigger.

I've been diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder, similar to schizophrenia but not the same.

But I'm wondering if these hallucinations are part of that (which I usually take an antipsychotic for), or just because I get really tired and my brain isn't functioning right.

The hallucinations wake me right up, but they're really scary...

benbeny November 10th, 2017 09:22 PM

Re: I keep hallucinating in class

Do you get enough sleep? Do you get good sleep?

Lost in the Echo November 10th, 2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbeny (Post 3588935)

Yeah, this. Sleep deprivation can cause you to hallucinate. You hear things that arenít there.

Have you always had this problem?

No substitute for a doctor but it would be helpful to know how long this has gone on for and your sleep schedule

Dalcourt November 11th, 2017 09:57 PM

As theothers said what are your reasons for being tired?
Can't you sleep during the night? Lack of sleep can cause those things you described, like the state when you finally fall asleep you see things that aren't there. It's more like a dream really than hallucinations.

So if you have sleeping problems you should try to work on them, maybe talk to a doctor about it.

ambitious_eclipse November 14th, 2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Echo (Post 3588936)
Yeah, this. Sleep deprivation can cause you to hallucinate. You hear things that arenít there.

Have you always had this problem?

No substitute for a doctor but it would be helpful to know how long this has gone on for and your sleep schedule

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbeny (Post 3588935)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalcourt (Post 3589140)
As theothers said what are your reasons for being tired?
Can't you sleep during the night? Lack of sleep can cause those things you described, like the state when you finally fall asleep you see things that aren't there. It's more like a dream really than hallucinations.

So if you have sleeping problems you should try to work on them, maybe talk to a doctor about it.

It's really only started recently. I just moved so it may be an environment change and the stress of that. But I get 8-10 hours of sleep every night. Whether it's "good sleep" or not I can't tell...I either sleep too deeply or too lightly. I may actually have hypersomnia, my grandma has it so it's entirely possible.

benbeny November 15th, 2017 07:49 AM

What kind of drugs that you're taking?
Do you wake up fresh?