Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Teen Sexuality and Gender (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is this normal/okay? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2041163)

Coznyx November 8th, 2017 06:12 PM

Is this normal/okay?

Ever since I was about twelve, (I'm fourteen now) I've only really had romantic and sexual feelings for other boys. However, I still feel a very small amount of romantic attraction (nothing sexual) towards some girls. I still feel like I'm gay, and I don't want to label myself as bisexual or anything. Is it normal to feel this way, but still not call want to yourself bi? I just feel really weird about it.

ska8er November 8th, 2017 07:02 PM

Re: Is this normal/okay?

Ive felt the same as u do ever since Ive
been 13. Yeah I would say it is normal.
The way I'm dealing with it is that I'm
trying to let it play out for me. I'm not
labeling myself as yet but I have the
same physical feelings toward both
guys and girls but I cant say I have
anything romantic with both. I will
say I am Curious with feelings with
guys. I'm 17 and I still don't know y.
Yeah it feels weird but don't let it
mess with ur head. U r just starting
puberty-u have time to try and figure
it out but just go along and enjoy ur life.

Lost in the Echo November 8th, 2017 07:05 PM

Puberty can be a weird time so Iíd say donít stress over labels right now. Youíll figure it out as you get older Iím sure once your hormones start to level out.

Tbh it sounds like youíre bi with a strong preference for males, but like I said no need to label yourself at this point with all the confusion that comes at your age. Youíll figure it out :)

mick01 November 9th, 2017 11:15 AM

I just turned 16 and I thought I was gay at one point, then I thought I only liked girls, now I'm back to feeling like I'm bi. So just give yourself time and eventually you'll figure out who you are.

Vegas2933 November 9th, 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Echo (Post 3588368)
Puberty can be a weird time so Iíd say donít stress over labels right now. Youíll figure it out as you get older Iím sure once your hormones start to level out.

Tbh it sounds like youíre bi with a strong preference for males, but like I said no need to label yourself at this point with all the confusion that comes at your age. Youíll figure it out :)

This is very good advice! I'm the same as well, bi with males as preference. This sort of thing is extremly common during puberty and should blow over as it comes to an end. :)

Jamiec1130 November 9th, 2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas2933 (Post 3588569)
This is very good advice! I'm the same as well, bi with males as preference. This sort of thing is extremly common during puberty and should blow over as it comes to an end. :)

Same here. As others have said, don't worry about labels. They aren't what defines you. You define you. Who you are as a person. Your sexuality doesn't define you. Puberty is a rough time to go through, especially with sexuality. Just let it all pan out naturally, and I'm sure you'll be happy :).

Jordanchill November 9th, 2017 07:58 PM

Being 14, you have a long road of development ahead of you. I would just relax with the labels and go with the flow. If you find a boy that you like a lot, then date that boy. If you find a girl that you like a lot, then date that girl. The only thing that really matters is your happiness in life. In reality, the human life span is a short span of time, so just do you.

jamie_n5 November 9th, 2017 08:37 PM

I am gay and only have sexual feelings for boys. I also like and love some girls and they are good and best friends. But that is all they are to me. I may hug and even kiss them but it is out of friendship. So I think the way you feel is a perfectly normal way to feel and be.

bojack November 10th, 2017 12:24 AM

Honestly, labels can be really constricting, and can pigeonhole you into a simple category, when obviously people are a lot more complex than that.

Bull November 10th, 2017 07:49 AM

We are all sexual beings. No other "label" needed. Enjoy life as it presents.

pjones November 10th, 2017 12:29 PM

very normal and at 14 you don't need to worry about being anything but a teenager

Falcons_11 November 11th, 2017 10:11 AM

You're normal, bro. Most of us growing up have sexual feeling for same and then opposite sex. You have a while to figure things out for yourself. Just take life as it comes and don't freak out worrying about your sexuality. Good luck.