Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Virtual Teen HQ (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Private messages (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2041145)

Mark2000 November 7th, 2017 03:24 PM

Private messages

Why are my private messages being monitored?

heymynameis November 7th, 2017 03:26 PM

Re: Private messages

what do you mean?... anything to do with puberty?!

Endeavour November 7th, 2017 03:28 PM

Puberty for Boys :arrow: Virtual Teen HQ

Only administrators can look through PMs. As stated in our rules, they only do so if there is a reasonable suspicion of the rules being broken.

adtse November 7th, 2017 06:07 PM

It is done by staff only to identify if the person is violating the policies, and usually only if the message was reported.

ska8er November 8th, 2017 07:25 AM

I agree 100% that these forums should
be monitored but Private Messages r not
"private" if they r monitored.

Mars November 8th, 2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ska8er (Post 3588241)
I agree 100% that these forums should
be monitored but Private Messages r not
"private" if they r monitored.

We literally just said they are not monitored. The only case where we do check PMs is if there is a suspicion that someone is breaking a rule, or the message was reported by a user. So while yes, we can check private messages, administrators don’t unless there’s a reason for it.

ska8er November 8th, 2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 3588252)
We literally just said they are not monitored. The only case where we do check PMs is if there is a suspicion that someone is breaking a rule, or the message was reported by a user. So while yes, we can check private messages, administrators donít unless thereís a reason for it.

I understand that if any member has a problem
with any private message and reports it then the
administrators have the right to check private
messages.

xXl0sth0peXx November 9th, 2017 11:50 PM

What is said here is correct. The only two users on the site who have permission to check PMs are myself and ImCoolBeans. However, you can rest assured that neither of us have the free time to just go running around and read everyone's PMs for fun. The only time we will check is if we have reason to do so, be it suspicion of rule breaking or a reported PM from another user.

So why are your PMs being monitored? I wouldn't say that they are, but at the same time, we have to have limits. If we didn't monitor anything at all, it'd be a free for all, and rules would be broken left and right and there would be tons of people here just trading pics and other inappropriate things. So us having the ability to monitor PMs on an as need basis is precautionary. If you have any other issues with this, feel free to PM me.