Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Religion and Philosophy (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   What religion do you practice? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2041001)

xXl0sth0peXx October 31st, 2017 11:28 AM

What religion do you practice?

Do you practice a certain religion? To what extent? Everyday, once a year, in between?

Endeavour October 31st, 2017 12:36 PM

Re: What religion do you practice?

I am Christian, more specifically Catholic. I go to a Catholic school, so attend services and stuff from there, but outside of school I don't really go to Church outside of the important times of year (ie. Christmas, Easter etc etc.)

PlasmaHam October 31st, 2017 12:38 PM

Christian, more specifically Baptist. I try to attend church every Sunday and Wednesday.

Elysium October 31st, 2017 12:42 PM

I'm Jewish (secular), which has become more of a cultural tradition than a spiritual belief. I honor what holidays I can/know how to, though school sometimes makes that difficult. I've been batmitzvahed though.

nebula October 31st, 2017 01:03 PM

I personally don't follow any religion, although I went to a Church of England primary school I followed onto a multicultural secondary. I wouldn't specifically say I follow Atheism, however, but I am respectful of others who are religious as it is just a personal preference of mine.

Mars October 31st, 2017 01:12 PM

I’m not particularly religious, but I do follow Roman paganism. I celebrate some Jewish holidays too because my family (my grandmother is Jewish and she celebrates the holidays, my dad doesn’t but I like to)

Jinglebottom October 31st, 2017 01:12 PM

I don't care much for religion - I was born into a non-religious Druze family but none of us actually practice it, it's more of an identity than anything. My mom does have a small thing for Catholicism because her mom is Catholic but meh. For all intents and purposes though, I am an atheist.

Babs October 31st, 2017 02:15 PM

I lie somewhere between being agnostic and atheist. I think every religion is wrong, but I can't deny that something amazing happened to create the universe, be it of religious or scientific origin.

Just JT October 31st, 2017 05:02 PM

Iím a Christian and I practice it faithfully. I attend church almost every Sunday, and go to Sunday school. Yeah, the church I go to has Sunday school through senior high. And I go to youth group also. It a lot of fun, Iím learning a lot, a lot of thing I wish always was, but wasnít. And I like this.

Anniebanannie October 31st, 2017 07:17 PM

I'm a Christian, too. We belong to a non-denominational church. I go to church (almost) every Sunday and belong to the youth group. I think it's challenging and helps me take my thoughts to something higher than everyday things.

Hamodyalot October 31st, 2017 07:42 PM

I am Muslim but my family is not very strong religios we go sometimes Friday to the mosque

Just JT October 31st, 2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamodyalot (Post 3586204)
I am Muslim but my family is not very strong religios we go sometimes Friday to the mosque

I think Christianity spun off from either Muslim Islam or both. DO you know if thatís true at all?
Or did the Jewish religion come from Muslim and Islam?
I know Christianity came from the Jewish Faith originally but maybe even before that or something?
Or am I just really confused about it?

Elysium October 31st, 2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just JT (Post 3586214)
I think Christianity spun off from either Muslim Islam or both. DO you know if that’s true at all?
I know Christianity came from the Jewish Faith originally but maybe even before that or something?

I was taught in high school that Christianity came from Judaism. Islam came later, though not directly from Judaism or Christianity, but it acknowledges if not incorporates biblical prophets and stories from Judaism/Christianity I believe. So the order goes Judaism > Christianity > Islam as far as I know.

PlasmaHam October 31st, 2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysium (Post 3586223)
I was taught in high school that Christianity came from Judaism. Islam came later, though not directly from Judaism or Christianity, but it acknowledges if not incorporates biblical prophets and stories from Judaism/Christianity I believe. So the order goes Judaism > Christianity > Islam as far as I know.

Yea, that's how I know it as. Judaism came first, founded by Abraham around 2000 BC. Christianity came as a direct successor from Judaism around 30 AD by Jesus Christ. And Islam was formed as a mish-mash of Christianity, Judaism, and Arabic paganism around 700 AD.

Hamodyalot October 31st, 2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just JT (Post 3586214)
I think Christianity spun off from either Muslim Islam or both. DO you know if thatís true at all?

I know Islam came after Christian but we n the holly Koran Jesus is written as messenger not good . But I not sure how all is connect .

Hollywood October 31st, 2017 10:38 PM

I'm somewhere in between agnosticism and Christianity at the moment, I believe. Which is quite the shift from a couple of years ago, when I was absolutely an atheist.

Living For Love November 1st, 2017 04:32 AM

I'm Christian, more specifically Evangelical. I generally attend church every Sunday and sometimes we have special meetings during Easter and Christmas. I have been baptised as well.

DerBear November 2nd, 2017 12:00 AM

None, simply because I am someone who believes in cold, hard logic. So believe in a higher being is tough for me to fathom.

NewLeafsFan November 2nd, 2017 02:14 AM

What a great idea this forum is! Congratulations to whoevers idea it was. I'm a Christian btw.

Jaffe November 2nd, 2017 11:51 PM

I do not attend to any specific religion.
My ancestors are/were Christian. But since the Reformists and Protestants merged... they have been a bit mixed, and perhaps a bit rebellious.

Actually, I see Religion as an academic subject more than a spiritual subject.