Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Puberty for All (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   HIV prevention: condoms (or other barriers), abstinence, or don't mind? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2040519)

benbeny October 4th, 2017 03:57 AM

HIV prevention: condoms (or other barriers), abstinence, or don't mind?

Hi all.

I'm just curious, how do you think about:
1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary?
2. How much you know about mode of transmission?
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners?
4. Any remarks?

Any answers are welcome!

azurzg October 4th, 2017 04:42 AM

Re: HIV prevention: condoms (or other barriers), abstinence, or don't mind?

Hi!

1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? Yes, absolutely necessary
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? Everything (I hope)
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? Condoms
4. Any remarks? Nope!

Any answers are welcome!

Chaosphere October 4th, 2017 05:19 AM

I'm just curious, how do you think about:
1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? Yes, unless you're in a monogamous relationship where both partners are known to be free of infection.
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? Enough to know it's mostly based upon consumption of infected bodily fluids, one way or another.
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? Condoms with my girlfriend and she's been tested.
4. Any remarks?

mick01 October 4th, 2017 10:21 AM

1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? of course it is
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? hopefully everything
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? safe sex and testing
4. Any remarks?

jamie_n5 October 4th, 2017 12:10 PM

1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? Yes absolutely
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? A lot
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? Use Condoms and if they have had multiple partners they should be tested.
4. Any remarks? Know your partner and use safe sex practices always.

benbeny October 5th, 2017 09:01 AM

I'm asking this because I'm curious how you guys cope with multiple sex partner in western countries; especially for HIV prevention.
Not because I judge multiple sex partners as sinful, but purely about STD transmission and prevention :D

ChloeF October 5th, 2017 10:28 AM

1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? Absolutely.
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? There's probably more but l know ANY exchange of bodily fluids carries a risk.
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? Condoms but pregnancy is of greater concern to me than disease.
4. Any remarks? l have faith in human nature, probably unwise l know but l'm a trusting kind of person when it comes to unprotected sex.

Madison519 October 5th, 2017 01:42 PM

1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? Yes, absolutely!
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? Enough to know that any direct or indirect exchange of bodily fluids that contains blood can transmit the virus.
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? Condoms would seem to be the most effective method.
4. Any remarks? It's not been an issue for me yet, but trust and judgment are pretty important factors when deciding when to use, or not to use, a condom.

MissMolly October 5th, 2017 06:05 PM

1. HIV prevention. Is it necessary? Definitely
2. How much you know about mode of transmission? The basics; that it is transmitted through bodily fluids, such as blood and semen
3. How do you prevent the risk of HIV transmission from your sexual partners? Condoms really are a girl's best friend, for this and avoiding pregnancy. Plus, I had my boyfriend get tested before we had sex
4. Any remarks? nope

NewLeafsFan October 6th, 2017 02:12 AM

I would use condoms as birth control and it would protect against an sti as well