Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   is there a name for this? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2040063)

Nnoki September 12th, 2017 11:10 AM

is there a name for this?

hello everyone, well this is the situation
I have school from 7:30 to 3:00, usually i wake up at 6:45 and take a shower, so i barely make it on time, and i don't have breakfast.
Also on school I have a 30 min break when i can eat, but I don't. Why?, because i don't like eating with a lot of people, i just don't feel comfortable.
So yeah, i usually arrive home 3:30 and eat (very well) and sometimes i dinner between 8:00 and 11:00, sometimes i don't.
I know it is wrong but I have been doing this for 10 years now, so to stop would be hard.
any advice?

Vegas2933 September 12th, 2017 02:26 PM

Re: is there a name for this?

Sounds to me like you just have a sketchy eating pattern. But if there is a name for this, I don't know it. Sorry.

Vermilion September 12th, 2017 02:36 PM

I do understand what you mean by having lots of people about and eating in front of them. I don't mind eating in front of people but I do understand your problem. It's more a mental things you'll have to learn to take control of.

BlackParadePixie September 13th, 2017 01:46 AM

the fewer times you eat, the more likely you are to binge and go out of control. that is why it is smartest to eat several meals a day, with light snacking in between, depending on your body, metabolism, and what your meals are.

Just JT September 13th, 2017 05:40 AM

I don't think there's a name for this but a couple thoughts
Get up like 15 mins earlier so you can eat a good breakfast. Even if it's just a piece of bread with peanut butter on it and a yogert. Something else you can do is talk to maybe your guidance counselor. Maybe they can make some accommodations for you for lunch and eat somewhere quiet and more private. Again, even if it's a small amount. Bring some peanut butter and crackers or something. Peanut butter is high in protein, and will go a long way in your body. It's healthy, tastes good, travels easy, and goes with almost anything. Apples, bananans, cheerios, yogert, crackers....think about it...

jamie_n5 September 13th, 2017 02:34 PM

I don't know a name for this either. I am with @Just JT in getting up early and having something like one of those instant breakfast drinks. You could also pack a lunch the night before and take to school and find a place where you can eat alone. Those things might help solve your problem by themselves.