Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (
-   Mental Illnesses (
-   -   Who do I contact? (

lumiadots August 20th, 2017 05:19 PM

Who do I contact?
I'm not in a crisis. I'm not feeling suicidal or horribly depressed. Something is just moods change at the snap of a finger with no provocation or reason, I'm sad and rundown and feel physically sore, sick, bloated, body aches, and stuff along those lines. I'm not sure what it could be, but it's been going on for about six months and it's starting to affect my relationships and my work performance, so I think it's time for me to get some help. Thing is I have no idea where to go or what to do. My doctor isn't an option because she's so booked I have to call ahead 3+ months in advance to get an appointment with her. I can't afford therapy sessions. I don't know what to do or who to contact, but I know I need help.

Just JT August 20th, 2017 05:27 PM

Re: Who do I contact?
Most doctors have some spots available for "emergency" types of stuff that's not really an emergency. I'd try and get in to see your dr somehow.
It's probably something simple and easy to treat etc. and better to get on it sooner. Maybe some bloodwork will
Show something.

Also if your in the USA you have some resources for seeing a psychologist or therapist. Your parents have insurance for that. Give it a try. Many will charge less if you don't bave much cash

bougainvillea August 20th, 2017 05:34 PM

Re: Who do I contact?
7 Cups of Tea is a chatting website in which you can be paired up with a qualified "Listener" and you can vent your frustrations to them and they could maybe suggest you basic solutions or push you in the right direction for what you're looking for. It's all free and completely anonymous and confidential.

The Samaritans have a hotline which is 24/7 and fully accessible for anyone who needs a "safe place" and someone to talk to. Slightly like 7 Cups of Tea, but just over the phone and the people there are qualified and it's their job to be ready to answer your call whenever you need it to offer you emotional support. They don't use Caller ID so you can choose to stay anonymous. A quote from their site:

When you call Samaritans you will be greeted by a warm and caring volunteer trained in active listening and providing emotional support who will ask how you are doing today and explore with you the thoughts and feelings you are having tied to what is going on in your life at the present time. He or she will also discuss with you the reason for your call and whatever challenges or difficulties you are facing and the anxieties or depressive feelings you are having without giving advice or expressing their own personal judgements.
They're the first ones I could think of right now so I hope this helps you. I've personally tried these myself and I found them very helpful. If I can find anything else I will put it on here or drop you a PM. :)

Some non therapy solutions:

Have you maybe tried different types of exercise? Exercising releases endorphins and can actually make you feel a lot better emotionally. You could try new cardio or even pick up something like yoga with calming stretches and moves. By doing stretches, it could help with your body sores and hopefully make you feel less run down. This is generally free since there's so many workout and yoga videos across the Internet. It will be hard to get yourself in the routine if you lack the determination but the rewards can be so worth it.

Another choice is meditation. Dedicating a few minutes every day or a couple of times a week can actually do so much good, if that's your thing. It works for some people and doesn't for others. Put on some relaxing meditating music (again, all over YouTube) and get rid of distractions and dramatically reduce stress and increase mindfulness. It's worth a try, no?

This is quite a tenuous link, but do you consume a lot of caffeine? Because some of the symptoms here could reflect high caffeine intake, or maybe another slight diet change could help you in terms of physical symptoms. Try consuming water in places of sugary drinks and reducing salt intake for the bloating, try drinking decaff if you drink a lot of coffee or tea.

jamie_n5 August 23rd, 2017 08:41 PM

Re: Who do I contact?
You could try what @Just JT said or @devotionnel said. If you don't like those you could always try a walk in clinic for help.

gdude January 4th, 2018 12:54 AM

Re: Who do I contact?
Start with those nearest to you

Abyssal Echo January 4th, 2018 05:10 PM

Re: Who do I contact?
You said the waiting list to get into see your doctor is 3 months... I know it seems like a long way off... do make an appointment and ask to be put on a list to get in sooner if there is a cancellation.

Dalcourt January 6th, 2018 11:59 PM

Re: Who do I contact?
Please don't post in threads with more than two months inactivity :locked:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018,