Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mental Crisis Forum (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Her Period is Late!!! (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2038576)

DriveAlive July 14th, 2017 11:53 PM

Her Period is Late!!!

My girlfriend just texted me that her period is now three days late. We had sex a week ago and we used a condom. She is freaking out and I am freaking out and I do not know what to do. I am having a panic attack right now and I just cannot handle this.

rioo July 15th, 2017 12:35 AM

Re: Her Period is Late!!!

maybe you can buy pregnancy test at medical store.

devotionnel July 15th, 2017 01:54 AM

It's not really uncommon for them to be irregular sometimes. But condoms aren't always 100% effective at protecting pregnancy so I would recommend getting a pregnancy test at a store. Even then they can be inaccurate so if a few more weeks pass and nothing's changed she should go to the doctors.

Just JT July 15th, 2017 02:12 AM

Damm good luck with that bro, can't say I have any experience with that one other than I no I'm not ready to be a dad yet.
Let us know how yo make out ok?

Flapjack July 15th, 2017 02:19 AM

Get the morning after pill buddy, apparently it can be effective up to 5 days after:) I also believe it is quite common to be a few days late:)

DriveAlive July 15th, 2017 11:46 AM

It is too late for the morning after pill.

She said that she does not think that she is pregnant because she does not think that she was ovulating at the time or anything but she could just be saying that to make me feel better.

I think I want her to take a pregnancy test but I am not sure and it is just so hard to even consider. I have no idea what to do or say if it comes back positive. I would obviously want her to get an abortion but I am not sure she would do it. She said that she would kill herself if she was pregnant so she would probably get the abortion but it would for sure ruin our relationship. I just cannot handle all of this right now. I do not even want to be thinking about these things.

devotionnel July 15th, 2017 01:19 PM

@DriveAlive

Try and get a pregnancy test ASAP. You can never be too safe. If it does come back positive well all I can recommend is getting a urine or blood test at the doctors. Hopefully this information is useful to you:

Quote:

One woman in 10 can have very low levels of hCG levels at the time of a missed period. If you have a negative result, but still don’t get your period, test again in three days’ time. If you are pregnant, by then the levels of hormone may be high enough to be picked up by the test.

DriveAlive July 15th, 2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somekindofsick (Post 3546118)
@DriveAlive

Try and get a pregnancy test ASAP. You can never be too safe. If it does come back positive well all I can recommend is getting a urine or blood test at the doctors. Hopefully this information is useful to you:

Thanks for that and I suggested that we get a pregnancy test tomorrow but she does not want to now. She is saying that there is no way she can be pregnant and that it is probably just her diet. She has been on a low carb diet and lost 7 pounds this week and she thinks that is responsible. I think she is just trying to convince herself not to be worried and I want a test.

I know it is probably nothing and it is the diet and stress or whatever but it is driving me insane. I am so stressed I feel like I am going to throw up.

DriveAlive July 16th, 2017 10:38 PM

We took a pregnancy test today and it was negative!!! So fucking relieved!!!!!

lliam July 16th, 2017 11:10 PM

gratulations???