Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Cabin on the Bayou (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=549)
-   -   Music - My cure for anything (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2037088)

Dalcourt May 14th, 2017 11:20 PM

Music - My cure for anything

I love music...all kinds of music...I love making music and listening to music.
Music helps me with my mental problems as a form of therapy, so yeah I need my own music thread, too.

Dalcourt May 15th, 2017 11:02 PM

Re: Music what else

a classic and all time favourite.

Dalcourt May 19th, 2017 10:09 PM

Re: Music what else

I was getting some fried chicken today and in the parking lot of the restaurant there was this guy blaring this song at full volume from his car while eating his fries. I heard quite a lot of music that way...but this was so extremely awesome. I had to think about this song for the whole day.

Dalcourt June 6th, 2017 02:59 PM

Re: Music - My cure for anything

I admit this is a kinda weird song. It's in German but even though I have learnt that language I didn't really understand it all due to the Berlin accent and needed a native speaker to explain some of the words to me.
One of the priests in our church happens to be a German immigrant. He is responsible for the youth work in my church and I play in a band there and he kinda looks after us there. To make a long and boring story short he did that song for me once when I was sad and since that day it's a thing between us whenever one of us feels down.

Dalcourt June 11th, 2017 03:27 PM

This song is a fave of my grandma a day since it's her birthday tomorrow I felt like posting it.

Dalcourt June 13th, 2017 06:46 AM

Another fave of my Grandma. Riding in her bad ass redneck truck with her listening to cheesy hard rock and country one thing.

But having her blaring songs with explicit lyrics in her car with the windows down and singing along aloud raising a bunch of eyebrows around her priceless

Dalcourt June 19th, 2017 06:29 AM

My opinion on this band is a little mixed.
I like them for their great music and amazing lyrics. There'shardly an English speaking band that is able to produce lyrics like that.
At the same time they are overrated and sometimes liked by non German speakers for all the wrong reasons.

Nadin June 24th, 2017 07:00 PM

It's my cure for anything too,did you try listening anything other than rock?

Dalcourt June 24th, 2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadin (Post 3536449)
It's my cure for anything too,did you try listening anything other than rock?

Yeah, sure I do listen to other music than rock, too.
I listen to jazz, indigenous music from different parts of the world and of course classical music.
It greatly depends on my mood.

Dalcourt July 6th, 2017 09:14 PM

A band I liked for years...generally love the horror punk genre and will sure post some of my other fave songs from there.

Dalcourt July 18th, 2017 10:44 PM

I was browsing NIN videos on YouTube after listening to their new material.

I'll post this song here...why I chose it? No particular reason.

Dalcourt July 20th, 2017 03:12 PM

I wanted to post a Linkin Park song today. There is quite a few I really like esp. the older stuff but the lyrics of this song always touch me most.

Dalcourt July 28th, 2017 03:05 PM

One of my most favourite songs ever. The best when you are pissed off. My listening to this song on repeat for several times saved a lot of people from being I to a physical fight with me as it's extremely calming

Dalcourt July 29th, 2017 09:59 PM

Another song from my collection all my friends find my liking Irish folk weird...but who cares?

Dalcourt July 31st, 2017 09:31 PM

A song a friend sent me. We liked the lyrics since usually music like that has Nordic mythology or comparable stuff as it's topic. So we found the Marie Laveau theme kinda hilarious for a bad from I guess Denmark.
The accent of the singer is rather strange so it's a bit hard to follow but okay.

Dalcourt August 9th, 2017 10:34 PM

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

I have no words and I don't know how I still have tears left.

Dalcourt August 15th, 2017 12:23 AM

Just a song for my friend

To know I'll never be able to talk to you anymore...I just can't believe it.

Dalcourt August 15th, 2017 09:12 PM

Dad listened to this song today and told me this was your all time fave.
I guess you know he was secretly in love with you for years.

Dalcourt September 8th, 2017 10:29 PM

I haven't posted music for some time.

A classic and I love how mean the lyrics actually are.;)

Dalcourt September 13th, 2017 04:11 AM

I couldn't sleep and listen to this song on repeat for some time...running doesn't seem so bad of an option sometimes