Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Planes, Trains and Automobiles (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   When did you get your license? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2036825)

Solvez18 May 5th, 2017 01:33 AM

When did you get your license?

Hey guys, just a simple question on when most of you got your license. I personally don't have a proper license and don't drive and I'm 19. So when did you guys start driving and how did you find it learning to drive?

bunnyhabit May 5th, 2017 03:39 AM

Re: When did you get your license?

i dont have licenses but drive my friends motorcycle sometimes

SethfromMI May 5th, 2017 07:44 AM

I got mine at 16. it is not a big deal though not to have it. I still take public transportation sometimes or ride my bike. If I lived in an even bigger city like Chicago, I might not even have a car/license at all.

rioo May 5th, 2017 08:37 AM

I already have driver license now, and about my first time is when I was early 16 for motorcycle limited license.

Abyssal Echo May 5th, 2017 07:01 PM

I've been driving since I was 13.... I got my license when I was 16.

Deleted User May 6th, 2017 01:09 AM

Turning 22 soon and still don't have mine. I lived in a huge city for 18 years which made public transit just easier because there was never parking anywhere. Nowadays I'm just too anxious to learn although I did learn how to drive stick as a teenager.

Jordanchill May 6th, 2017 08:48 PM

The age that people get their license really depends on where they live. In my case, getting a license to drive was more of a necessity rather than a want since I live in a small town and need to get myself to school and what not. I started driver ed classes my senior year of high school at 17 and took my road test just after I turned 18 about 6 months ago. Driving really is not a hard thing to do once you get enough practice. I recommend that you take both drivers ed classes (at least in my case), which they do offer for adults, since they are a great help to teach you the rules of the road and safety maneuvers. The teachers also let you drive on the road with them in the car further helping you learn. This also gets all of the paper testing out of the way instead of taking them at the DMV office. When you get your permit, drive with a parent that is calmer than the other so you can learn easier.

Michael75 May 8th, 2017 09:05 AM

Been riding bikes since i was 12, got my license when I was 17. Two days after my birthday. (In ireland we can only ride/drive from 17). Haven't got my car license yet, probably have it June.

azure moonstone May 8th, 2017 09:31 AM

March 2013 - I got my license when I was 17 :)

PlasmaHam May 8th, 2017 10:10 PM

Got mine right on my 16th birthday. Where I live, public transport and walking are not feasible options, so if I wanted to get anywhere on my own I would have to drive. I personally love driving, and wouldn't want to give it up.

Chaosphere May 10th, 2017 12:09 AM

Got mine when I was 16. Been 6 months and hoping to get my provisional restrictions off soon. It was about a six month process with my permit before that.

Glitterboy May 10th, 2017 10:25 AM

Can't get mine yet as i have to be 18.. :C

City Kid May 10th, 2017 10:59 AM

Currently in the process of getting my license. I'm taking my time with it since I won't be allowed to drive without my parents before I turn 18 in August anyway.

Beltane1001 May 14th, 2017 10:25 PM

I got mine a week after my 16th birthday. I failed the test the first time on my birthday.

Ben7 May 16th, 2017 09:58 PM

Not till 18 for me :/

german_boy May 18th, 2017 03:51 AM

At 17 years and 3 months for my driving license, 18 years for my pilot license.

Alex_Swim May 18th, 2017 06:39 AM

If all goes well April 16, 2018

(Permit on October 16, 2017)

jls0001 May 18th, 2017 08:47 AM

it depens on what country,what city your are as they all have restrictions here in the philippines you're allowed to have a non-professional license in about the age of 16-17 years old

xXl0sth0peXx May 19th, 2017 10:02 AM

Beginning of January 2013. God, can't believe it's been over 4 years and no one's died yet. So 17. Getting my permit was a whimsical decision that I just decided in the car one day, and everything flew from there.

davdev17 May 20th, 2017 01:59 AM

I passed the test a couple weeks ago and got my actual license today. I'm 18.