Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   needing a friend (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2034339)

thatgothgirluknow January 13th, 2017 07:36 PM

needing a friend

ive had an eating disorder since i was 13 at 14 i was diagnosed with anorexia while living with my grandma. my grandma was in denial about the disorder and so when she sent me to live with my mom it was never mentioned and my sociological records where never recovered. i did good for a while after i moved in with my mom but now im 17 and i relapsed into this disorder almost two years ago. I have a therapist but the thing is he doesn't understand my eating disorder or take it seriously. I want to have someone who i can talk about my eating disorder who will support me but no one knows i have it and i don't feel comfortable talking with anyone i know

Dalcourt January 13th, 2017 11:31 PM

Re: needing a friend

we here will always be listening when you need a friend of course. still I think you probably need another therapist if the one you have doesn't take your eating disorder serious. are there any sort of self help groups where you live?

thatgothgirluknow January 14th, 2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut_ (Post 3479749)
we here will always be listening when you need a friend of course. still I think you probably need another therapist if the one you have doesn't take your eating disorder serious. are there any sort of self help groups where you live?

I don't know but if i went to one i would have to tell my mom and im not willing to do that

Dalcourt January 14th, 2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow (Post 3479811)
I don't know but if i went to one i would have to tell my mom and im not willing to do that

Hm yeah okay that's true..if you do something like that parents will always know. so if you don't want your family to know anything about it I guess you can just seek help via internet or so.

BlackParadePixie January 16th, 2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow (Post 3479811)

why?
I mean, if you really want help...

Lyly February 17th, 2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie (Post 3480840)
why?
I mean, if you really want help...

I think the same, you should talk to your mom: you'll probably see that she support you.

Microcosm February 25th, 2017 01:22 PM

I can understand not wanting to tell anyone. I've had an eating disorder since last Summer. Actually, I didn't eat much at all until about the end of last Summer when school started. I was diagnosed with malnutrition and mild diabetes (I drank an incredibly unhealthy amount of apple juice). When school started, it got kinda better for a while. Now, I think it's starting up again. I don't talk about it with anyone really.

I'm not sure what the situation with your mom is, but if she isn't mean to you or anything, I think it's worth trying to talk to her if you really think you need help. Also, you can message me about the details of it and I can talk to you about it. I'm no professional, but I'll talk with you.

Dmaxd123 March 1st, 2017 05:09 PM

i can't PM you, maybe you can PM me?

BUT if you need someone to talk to i'm game, i didn't grow up with an eating disorder but still had some stuff growing up that I wish i had someone to talk to about it but small town friends were great people just not the right people to talk about what I needed to talk about with