Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Albatross' Flight Path (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=545)
-   -   Ask Me Anything! (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2032155)

devotionnel October 18th, 2016 08:21 AM

Ask Me Anything!

You heard it here guys, feel free to ask me questions on this thread :p I'll answer everything :)

Flapjack October 18th, 2016 09:20 AM

Re: Ask Me Anything!

What on earth is an albatross?

Endeavour October 18th, 2016 10:02 AM

Why do you like geography so much?

devotionnel October 18th, 2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flapjack (Post 3446627)
What on earth is an albatross?

I had a feeling you would ask me this xD

"a very large, chiefly white oceanic bird with long, narrow wings, found mainly in the southern oceans."

The average wingspan of an albatross is 3 metres and it's easily possible for them to fly 10,000 miles without a break! Pretty cool, right? :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Horizon (Post 3446649)
Why do you like geography so much?

Good question, fellow geographer.

Okay, so for some reason when I was younger I used to be really into the earth, like volcanoes and earthquakes! I thought it was magical that the planet that can provide us with so many benefits also has an evil side too :p

My parents took a shine to this and bought me loads of geography books to aid my learning from a young age, and me being a bookworm it all suddenly stuck in my head! Even to this day the world still manages to give me so many surprises and I just love learning more and more about it.

Flapjack October 18th, 2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3446652)
I had a feeling you would ask me this xD

"a very large, chiefly white oceanic bird with long, narrow wings, found mainly in the southern oceans."

The average wingspan of an albatross is 3 metres and it's easily possible for them to fly 10,000 miles without a break! Pretty cool, right?

My goshhh 10k miles? That's crazyyy!!! I see why you named your diary after them xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3446652)
Good question, fellow geographer.

Geographist* ;)

devotionnel October 18th, 2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flapjack (Post 3446665)
My goshhh 10k miles? That's crazyyy!!! I see why you named your diary after them xD

They can also fly around the earth in 46 days! The albatross species clearly deserved a diary named after them :)

The Byrd October 18th, 2016 05:12 PM

Are you a fan of philosophy?

Just JT October 18th, 2016 05:29 PM

I get you like really cool scenic pictures, but the "tweentyone" in your user name, what does that stand for or mean for you, or why did you use that?

devotionnel October 20th, 2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Byrd (Post 3446769)
Are you a fan of philosophy?

Mmh. It depends on the context, really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just JT (Post 3446778)
I get you like really cool scenic pictures, but the "twentyone" in your user name, what does that stand for or mean for you, or why did you use that?

Actually "twentyonehorizons" was an amalgamation of my 2 favourite bands :p twenty one (pilots) and (bring me the) horizon :)

But yeah I can see what you mean as I have a love for scenic photos! It would also make sense as 21 is one of my favourite numbers so I guess you could say that it has an alternate meaning to it too :whoops:

Endeavour October 20th, 2016 11:06 AM

Favourite subject other than geography?

devotionnel October 20th, 2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Horizon (Post 3447427)
Favourite subject other than geography?

Hmm this is quite easy as I don't like many other subjects :p I like French quite a bit, because I just generally find it one of the more relaxed lessons whereas core lessons such as maths or English tend to be a lot more intense and heads-on. I also tend to do quite well in the work, too.

The same goes for my chemistry lessons too, (@Flapjack would kill me otherwise) because I find it a lot more simple to understand and I like the teachers that I have for those lessons. Unfortunately, I didn't do triple sciences, so we should be moving onto Additional Biology or Physics soon :( I'm sure I'll take chemistry for my A-Level, it's a lesson I personally identify with better.

Reise October 27th, 2016 11:09 AM

What is your favorite chemical element? Please name its atomic number and basic radioactive properties.

Endeavour October 27th, 2016 03:30 PM

A country you would like to visit most and why?

devotionnel October 27th, 2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Horizon (Post 3449863)
A country you would like to visit most and why?

Hmmm... I actually have lots of different answers for this one :p

My answer definitely has to be Cambodia, though. Although it's quite a poor country, there is sooo much culture to be absorbed there! There are so many forgotten temples and landmarks and such and I would just love to be able to visit there one day :)

Amethyst Rose October 28th, 2016 01:49 PM

@twentyonehorizons Is Shanie short for something, or is that your full first name?

devotionnel October 28th, 2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amethyst_ (Post 3450162)
@twentyonehorizons Is Shanie short for something, or is that your full first name?

Shanie is my full name yeah, but I hate my name :(

Amethyst Rose October 28th, 2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3450191)
Shanie is my full name yeah, but I hate my name :(

I like your name! :)

Do you like flannels? (There is only one right answer xD)

Endeavour October 29th, 2016 04:26 AM

do you prefer hot or cold?
wind or rain?

devotionnel October 29th, 2016 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amethyst_ (Post 3450199)
Do you like flannels? (There is only one right answer xD)

Obviously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Horizon (Post 3450288)
do you prefer hot or cold?
wind or rain?

Hmm. me, I definitely prefer the cold. I don't really like hot weather that much because I tend to find myself more often than not in hoodies and the likes.

I also prefer the rain. Wind is nice with the rain, though.

Endeavour October 29th, 2016 02:29 PM

do you prefer Starbucks or Costa and why?