Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Albatross' Flight Path (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=545)
-   -   Writing Thread (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2030007)

devotionnel August 1st, 2016 12:19 AM

Writing Thread

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of poetry, but I sometimes write pieces just to channel certain feelings and to get messages across. This piece (that I literally just wrote) has no real motive to it, but it helped in terms of channeling emotions.

"Anxiety"

No-one seems to notice a few months before
That evil-faced Anxiety is starting to crawl on your back
That treacherous journey that can be made
Seamlessly causing a person of an innocent nature to crack.

Anxiety has the voice of malevolence,
It decides what you think and mentally takes you off-track
Driving you off the rails and falling off a cliff
In the form of a panic attack.

Then proceeds the downward spiral that noone expects
You tell them "I'm fine, just tired" to keep them content
Even though it's the exact opposite in your head
As you waste away in your paradise of self-torment.

Standing at the mirror again, it gets worse by the day
You stare at your hideous body that Anxiety made you resent
You get smaller and smaller, just to skin and bone
And this is where you begin your perilous descent

The monster has now taken over your body, no longer you
It's the harsh reality that your friends and family have come to
Realise that you are no longer yourself through and through
And now they know that Anxiety is the boss of you.

If this gets a lot of positive feedback I may post more... I was nervous to post this really, but I do write them a lot and I personally want to see other people's opinions on it.

Flapjack August 1st, 2016 01:12 PM

Re: Written out on a whim

Oh my gosh Shanie this is amazing!! Like I am not just saying that it is reallyyy good!! I thought you was posting a professional poets poem until I read you wrote it!! Never knew you were a poet:) Please post more:)

devotionnel August 1st, 2016 02:34 PM

So I have decided to make this my unorganised writing thread, where I had new works as time progresses.

@Mimikyu - I knew you expressed interest for this next piece so here is a mention :)

This is a descriptive writing piece based on this following stimulus:

The three vehicles had hit simultaneously. Trashed, scattered. A whoosh of smoke soared the air as of a flare had been lit; it danced around and had enticed several passersby to come closer to the crash scene. Had anyone died? In an instant, doors had been opened with full force yet nothing could be heard from within except timid sobs.

"God save us!" whimpered one, with her arms outstretched around her feeble infants. The children had not survived the traumatic collision and the mother was so in shock that she did not even look up to the male trying to help her. Although living, she was surely dead inside.

Drizzle had commenced only moments later, and the roadside had become soaked to the skin. A large crowd of local citizens had formed. Some helping, some watched on. A couple were on the floor, clinging onto themselves for a little comfort in the did male weather. Family? Friends? They were mourning their recently bereaved as the dust was still yet to settle.

Also, a final comment: if anyone has any ideas for me to write about or give me inspiration, please do not hesitate to PM me or post here in this thread. :)

Amethyst Rose August 1st, 2016 03:19 PM

Shanie, these are great! I'd love to read more if you decide to keep posting. You're a poet and you didn't know it ;)

Flapjack August 1st, 2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3407014)
So I have decided to make this my unorganised writing thread, where I had new works as time progresses.

@Mimikyu - I knew you expressed interest for this next piece so here is a mention :)

This is a descriptive writing piece based on this following stimulus:

The three vehicles had hit simultaneously. Trashed, scattered. A whoosh of smoke soared the air as of a flare had been lit; it danced around and had enticed several passersby to come closer to the crash scene. Had anyone died? In an instant, doors had been opened with full force yet nothing could be heard from within except timid sobs.

"God save us!" whimpered one, with her arms outstretched around her feeble infants. The children had not survived the traumatic collision and the mother was so in shock that she did not even look up to the male trying to help her. Although living, she was surely dead inside.

Drizzle had commenced only moments later, and the roadside had become soaked to the skin. A large crowd of local citizens had formed. Some helping, some watched on. A couple were on the floor, clinging onto themselves for a little comfort in the did male weather. Family? Friends? They were mourning their recently bereaved as the dust was still yet to settle.

Also, a final comment: if anyone has any ideas for me to write about or give me inspiration, please do not hesitate to PM me or post here in this thread. :)

Oh my goshhh this is awesome too!! So powerful it's getting me all emotional!! You should be a poet:)

devotionnel August 1st, 2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimikyu (Post 3407043)
You should be a poet:)

I hate poetry with a passion! I just don't have the patience for that. XD

Flapjack August 1st, 2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3407049)
I hate poetry with a passion! I just don't have the patience for that. XD

So do I xD But then why do you write poems in your free time?xD

devotionnel August 1st, 2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimikyu (Post 3407052)
But then why do you write poems in your free time?xD

I dunno really. They just flow from the brain to the page, I don't plan XD

Flapjack August 1st, 2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3407053)
I dunno really. They just flow from the brain to the page, I don't plan XD

Well in that case your skill is even more impressive!! :)

Endeavour August 1st, 2016 04:09 PM

Whoah Shanie your poem and the description is so good! They are amazing, well done :) Please give us some more :D

devotionnel August 1st, 2016 04:41 PM

Wow, I can write these insanely quick. Meh.

"Who Would've Known"

Being such a distance away creates a yearning
A desire, one that will not stop burning?
Something that can make you feel so sick and full
But yet so empty inside?

Such feelings are none that I can explain
But it causes such a significant emotional pain
Miles stretched out over the open roads
And over the wheat fields that grow.

And I am anxious for your return
So anxious in fact that my stomach churns
But next day when I can see your face
Is the day when I can fall in love all over again.

Flapjack August 1st, 2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3407113)
Wow, I can write these insanely quick. Meh.

"Who Would've Known"

Being such a distance away creates a yearning
A desire, one that will not stop burning?
Something that can make you feel so sick and full
But yet so empty inside?

Such feelings are none that I can explain
But it causes such a significant emotional pain
Miles stretched out over the open roads
And over the wheat fields that grow.

And I am anxious for your return
So anxious in fact that my stomach churns
But next day when I can see your face
Is the day when I can fall in love all over again.

Already told ya what I think over skype :') This is beautiful and I can feel your pain missing him!! :)

devotionnel August 3rd, 2016 04:21 AM

//trigger warning: involves references relating to self-harm.//

"Untitled"

I'm done with the pain and sick of feeling tired
Back to square one with all the scars I've acquired
The self-hatred is all consuming and makes me feel dead
Those thoughts of you are now filling me with dread.

I wish I hadn't gotten too attached, you're like the others
I became close to your family, I'm friends with your mother
They all fucked me over in the end anyway or they left
And I'm the only one between us who is left bereft.

People are saying to me that it was you who did me wrong
But I know for a fact that's false, because you made me strong
I'm still going to be thinking about you for days on end
It takes a long time for the broken hearted one to mend.

Then again, the only thing that has been there for me is the blade
Given me support in the form of physical pain, it was a good aid
I always come crawling back to it, so don't call yourself special
It gives me a bit of satisfaction when I dance with the devil.

Flapjack August 3rd, 2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3408420)
//trigger warning: involves references relating to self-harm.//

"Untitled"

I'm done with the pain and sick of feeling tired
Back to square one with all the scars I've acquired
The self-hatred is all consuming and makes me feel dead
Those thoughts of you are now filling me with dread.

I wish I hadn't gotten too attached, you're like the others
I became close to your family, I'm friends with your mother
They all fucked me over in the end anyway or they left
And I'm the only one between us who is left bereft.

People are saying to me that it was you who did me wrong
But I know for a fact that's false, because you made me strong
I'm still going to be thinking about you for days on end
It takes a long time for the broken hearted one to mend.

Then again, the only thing that has been there for me is the blade
Given me support in the form of physical pain, it was a good aid
I always come crawling back to it, so don't call yourself special
It gives me a bit of satisfaction when I dance with the devil.

Is this the same one you sent me because it seems loads different! It is also really good though:)

devotionnel August 3rd, 2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimikyu (Post 3408493)
Is this the same one you sent me because it seems loads different! It is also really good though:)

Nah this is something completely different, I'm working on my little project now :)

devotionnel August 12th, 2016 11:16 AM

Right this is a little thing I've kinda been working on and fine tuning but I will probably carry this on haha cause it was fun to do. Context: these are fictitious diary entries from a high school girl who is bullied and suffers from underlying and non diagnosed mental issues due to this bullying. She writes a diary accounting her daily life.

I hate school and everyone in it. The air around me is toxic and used, poisoned with the chemicals of people's pessimism and negligence. I curled up into a ball on the waxed floor and just ignored the passersby who make a snide comment towards me, as per usual. After a long time, you learn to block those sorts of things out. Just how it is, I guess. Those comments weren't what hurt me. What hurt me most is that the people I most care about walked by and pretended not to notice me crying out for help. They didn't care about me anyway, I knew that already. God, why do I care?

I hate this situation; the things I'm feeling right now can't even get onto the page. Extreme anger. Frustration. Crippling anxiety. That's just to start off with... and that's putting it bluntly. Oh God, someone help. I'm crying out at the top of my lungs and all I get is a small shake of the head. It hurts to be rejected and that's all I get, day in and day out. Why does it have to be this way? Why?

I really cannot keep on going for much longer... my parents have locked me in my room and I have been staring at the ceiling for far too long. I can't make a sound, not that I wanted to anyway. All I want to do is escape. Hide. Run away from everything I've ever known and start afresh. But I know I don't have the means of doing it. All I have is this diary and the clothes on my back. I really wish that there was someone I could get in touch with and they could help me get out of this dingy house.

Flapjack August 12th, 2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3413837)
Right this is a little thing I've kinda been working on and fine tuning but I will probably carry this on haha cause it was fun to do. Context: these are fictitious diary entries from a high school girl who is bullied and suffers from underlying and non diagnosed mental issues due to this bullying. She writes a diary accounting her daily life.

I hate school and everyone in it. The air around me is toxic and used, poisoned with the chemicals of people's pessimism and negligence. I curled up into a ball on the waxed floor and just ignored the passersby who make a snide comment towards me, as per usual. After a long time, you learn to block those sorts of things out. Just how it is, I guess. Those comments weren't what hurt me. What hurt me most is that the people I most care about walked by and pretended not to notice me crying out for help. They didn't care about me anyway, I knew that already. God, why do I care?

I hate this situation; the things I'm feeling right now can't even get onto the page. Extreme anger. Frustration. Crippling anxiety. That's just to start off with... and that's putting it bluntly. Oh God, someone help. I'm crying out at the top of my lungs and all I get is a small shake of the head. It hurts to be rejected and that's all I get, day in and day out. Why does it have to be this way? Why?

I really cannot keep on going for much longer... my parents have locked me in my room and I have been staring at the ceiling for far too long. I can't make a sound, not that I wanted to anyway. All I want to do is escape. Hide. Run away from everything I've ever known and start afresh. But I know I don't have the means of doing it. All I have is this diary and the clothes on my back. I really wish that there was someone I could get in touch with and they could help me get out of this dingy house.

First things first, why was Jack not notified about this hmmm? xD Second things second this one is my favourite one so far!!! I love it:)

devotionnel August 12th, 2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flapjack (Post 3413854)
First things first, why was Jack not notified about this hmmm? xD Second things second this one is my favourite one so far!!! I love it:)

This was my little surprise one which I forgot to upload xD I'll notify you when I add more stuff of this "series" (which I will) :)

devotionnel August 12th, 2016 03:15 PM

@Flapjack - because you asked me oh so nicely :P

...continued from the last work.

This is it. I've made my decision. I must certainly make my leave before I start to go insane in this damp room of mine. I have tried to collect my thoughts: meditation, music, drawing. None of it seems to work. School is making me go crazy on top of this and I have started to plan out my escape. I'm not sure when yet. We'll see.

I feel as if my mother has found my diaries. She is being unnecessarily kind and she is never like this. I never usually talk to her that much, I care for myself. She just gives me a roof to sleep under... that's it. This is not what I need from her right now.

Flapjack August 12th, 2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons (Post 3413985)
@Flapjack - because you asked me oh so nicely :P

...continued from the last work.

This is it. I've made my decision. I must certainly make my leave before I start to go insane in this damp room of mine. I have tried to collect my thoughts: meditation, music, drawing. None of it seems to work. School is making me go crazy on top of this and I have started to plan out my escape. I'm not sure when yet. We'll see.

I feel as if my mother has found my diaries. She is being unnecessarily kind and she is never like this. I never usually talk to her that much, I care for myself. She just gives me a roof to sleep under... that's it. This is not what I need from her right now.

I love it:')