Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Anxiety (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   What the hell was that? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2029636)

Dalcourt July 20th, 2016 09:59 PM

What the hell was that?

in the afternoon I hung out with a friend. it's been quite hot and we'd had a beer so we both got kinda tired. We lay on my friend's bed and must both have fallen asleep.
I suddenly woke like from a nightmare and felt like i could hardly breath like from an asthma attack. I wanted to get up...but sudden felt I couldn't. it was like I'm paralysed...like my whole body was pressed down by some extremely heavy weight. I started to get really anxious...I couldn't even move a finger or lift my head from the bed.
the weight seemed to increase and it got even worse . suddenly my whole body seemd like it was shaking internally. there was a loud noise in my head...honestly i have never felt like that before.
i can't say for how long it lasted it felt like ages but i reckon it was only a few minutes.
then the pressure on my body seemed to lift while the shaking increased.
thank god i was halfway back to normal by the time my friend woke. but obviously she noted somethin as she looked worried and asked if I'm okay.
i told her i just woke from a bad dream...as i didn't know how to explain it.

so what the hell was that some nightmare aftermath the dream didn't seem so bad...an anxious attack? i late started taking drugs again bad trip? ..though i hadn't taken anything today.

Has anyone ever experienced something like that?
i really hope that was a one time thing.

LRSSS02 July 20th, 2016 10:28 PM

Re: What the hell was that?

This happens when your body releases a chemical that is supposed to prevent you from sleep walking and it sounds like your body took a little while to take it out of your bloodstream.

Dalcourt July 21st, 2016 09:09 AM

Makes sense googled it and kinda sounded similar.

WhoWhatWhen July 21st, 2016 07:44 PM

Kind of sounds like sleep paralysis. I used to get this a bunch when I was little.

Just JT July 22nd, 2016 05:14 AM

Hey Ty, message me when your available ok? Think I can help ya with this, let's talk ok bro?

PlasmaHam July 22nd, 2016 08:19 PM

I have actually heard of such before. I think what you are describing is a condition in which your mind wakes up but not your body. I have never experienced it, but it does happen to people. I believe it is called Sleep Paralysis, and it is usually because of lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits. It could also be physiological, I can't really tell you what it is in your situation.

I suggest you just continue life and see if this continues. This might just be a one time thing. If it does continue, I would definitely get a doctor. This won't kill you, but I do imagine how scary it must be.

Trevor. December 29th, 2016 05:38 AM

Everyone is saying its sleep paralyze but I think you were either suffering from a seizure or you were really drunk and it felt like a dream.