Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Private messages (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2028095)

Tim987 May 29th, 2016 05:39 AM

Private messages

I know im new to the site but ive actually been using the site for a couple of months without an acount and it got me thinking it would really be cool to talk privatly eith people that have had similar experiences to me amd thats why i made this acount but i found out that i needed to post 100 replys post ect and i get why its in place that being to stop people from abusing and doing wrong things and then making new ones when banned but 100 posts seems exesive that means if i posted 1 thing a day it would take me 3 and a bit months to be able to pm someone when some people need support sooner and this is such a good way to get it... idk im rambling

Leprous May 29th, 2016 05:50 AM

Re: Private messages

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim987 (Post 3370886)
I know im new to the site but ive actually been using the site for a couple of months without an acount and it got me thinking it would really be cool to talk privatly eith people that have had similar experiences to me amd thats why i made this acount but i found out that i needed to post 100 replys post ect and i get why its in place that being to stop people from abusing and doing wrong things and then making new ones when banned but 100 posts seems exesive that means if i posted 1 thing a day it would take me 3 and a bit months to be able to pm someone when some people need support sooner and this is such a good way to get it... idk im rambling

Well you do already have 26 posts in a few days so it's not that it'll take you months to get there tbh. Just post in whatever forum you can find (except for the arcade, doesn't raise your post count) and it won't take too long.

Flapjack May 29th, 2016 06:23 AM

Quote:

This gets suggested so often buddy! Trust me you can get 100 quality posts done in a couple of days. It is good as there is a lot of creeps and spammers that would exploit the pm system.

Sailor Mars May 29th, 2016 08:19 AM

It has been suggested many times in the past that we should lower the amount of posts for PMs.

We are not.

Just JT May 29th, 2016 10:55 AM

Yeah, it seems hard, but you'll get through it just fine, we all did
And we'll all be here waiting for ya, so we can pm with you ok?

Body odah Man May 29th, 2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Yeah, the post count is high, but it's for our protection.

SethfromMI May 29th, 2016 12:32 PM

if you really want to, it won't take you long at all to get 100 posts. I get what your saying, but it is put in place for safety. your not the first person to suggest it, you won't be the last, but it is not going to change nor should it

Just JT May 29th, 2016 12:39 PM

Besides, posting is fun, so jump in and get that post count up up up!!

Uranus May 29th, 2016 04:40 PM

Its really not hard hitting 100
It isn't gonna change, so I would suggest posting more than one posts per day

Tim987 May 29th, 2016 04:56 PM

I guess it wont take as long as i said but going through the diffrent ares of this site to offer my opinions ect they can seem a bit generic

Just JT May 29th, 2016 04:58 PM

Well it is what you make of it I guess.
There's also no harm in creating new threads as well

Anonymous2002 June 26th, 2016 06:35 AM

100 post might make new users a bit spammy but i'm almost there so i'm not gonna complain

Flapjack June 26th, 2016 09:04 AM

you just got 100 posts so go wild with the PMs buddy!!

Just JT June 26th, 2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlapjack (Post 3384830)
you just got 100 posts so go wild with the PMs buddy!!

He hit 100 over 2 weeks ago, and not one post. Pm either....

Shin-Ah July 28th, 2016 10:27 PM

I just joined........anyone feel like talking? I need posts anyway right?

Elysium July 28th, 2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatonestrangepanda (Post 3403870)
I just joined........anyone feel like talking? I need posts anyway right?

Welcome to VT! If you want to talk to people, this is not the section or thread in which to do so. You can post a thread in the Introductions section (though posts there won't go towards your post count), in The White Padded Room, or leave visitor messages for people (but VMs also doesn't count as posts).

Let me know if you have any more questions, but please don't respond to me in this thread so it doesn't get too off-topic.

veroda March 26th, 2017 02:24 AM

lowering it from 100 to 50?

Elysium March 26th, 2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroda (Post 3500902)
lowering it from 100 to 50?

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked:

But no. The PM restriction will not be lowered.