Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   ADD/ADHD (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My mum thinks i have ADHD (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2024327)

ZacTheZebra January 11th, 2016 02:48 AM

My mum thinks i have ADHD

Hey guys, So basically my mum thinks i have ADHD and idont know whats gonna happen next what should i do be honest with the doctor or lie

drhalsey1 January 11th, 2016 02:54 AM

Re: My mum thinks i have ADHD

First of all, why does she think that, what would you be honest or be lying about

ZacTheZebra January 11th, 2016 03:10 AM

Sorry for not specifying much shes ben looking online at children with ADHD symptoms and i have like 12 so she is gong to take me to the doctors should i lie so i dont have to deal with doctors or tell the truth

drhalsey1 January 11th, 2016 03:12 AM

Well, if you're going to the doctors anyways, I suggest just telling the truth, that way the doctor could figure out if you actually do have it or not

northy January 11th, 2016 11:15 AM

Quotes removed. ~Elysium

If your mum is taking you then you might as well be honest. If you do have it then you might as well know for sure. Also, if your mother is looking at symptoms online, they she must have been suspecting it at least to want to check.

eagle18 January 14th, 2016 02:43 AM

im diagnosed with adhd and its really got nothing to do with you telling the truth, they'll run test to see if you are. and honestly adhd is nothing more than superstimulated kids who are very active and cant stay still, when I was out playing sports and active out camping and hiking, I was fine, at school and cooped up places I was not ok lol I wanted to be out and moving and staying busy. I can barely focus in school, but if you give me something I like or something I can focus all day and be happy.

eagle18 January 14th, 2016 02:44 AM

if she takes you, just see what he has to say and if he thinks you are hell probably make you get tested then probably put you on meds :/ everyone wants to medicate kids to make em behave and it sucks, its not the answer

Vermilion January 14th, 2016 02:45 AM

Be honest

ZacTheZebra January 14th, 2016 03:00 AM

Thanks for all the help guys its really appreciated

Vanilla Cupcake January 14th, 2016 10:36 PM

Ya just be honest. I don't think it's something you can fake, I don't know how it works where you live but here there is a questionnaire for the parent and the teacher and both answers must be similar in order to Decide if you have it or not. They also look at report cards and sometimes you do psych Ed assessment.

RiHouse January 14th, 2016 10:41 PM

I'm not accusing you of anything, but there must be some kind of reason that she thinks that. Perhaps you should confront her about it?