Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Bipolar (Manic-Depressive) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Not Sure How to Tell (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2024308)

JoshPro January 10th, 2016 03:12 PM

Not Sure How to Tell

I think I might be bipolar. I get these manic and depressive stages quite frequently and I've sometimes got these racing thoughts and talk a bit too fast when talking to others and display most of the symptoms. But, I'm not sure how to tell this to my parents that I might be bipolar and I should get checked up.

Vermilion January 10th, 2016 03:16 PM

Re: Not Sure How to Tell

I would talk to your Dr

JoshPro January 10th, 2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twin (Post 3293305)
I would talk to your Dr

I don't think if there is any way for me to directly approach my doctor without talking to my parents about it beforehand.

Vermilion January 10th, 2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshPro (Post 3293307)
I don't think if there is any way for me to directly approach my doctor without talking to my parents about it beforehand.

I would tell your parents that you want to see your Dr and when they ask why. Be completely honest with them. That's what I did when I was depressed. It helps to go with a parent to the Dr

Gwen January 10th, 2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshPro (Post 3293307)

If you are worried about having bipolar, what would it matter about talking with your parents? Without a proper medical diagnosis you can't really be 100% sure. It isn't something to be ashamed of and it is better in the long run to know of it early on.

Microcosm January 10th, 2016 10:36 PM

@JoshPro,

I had these same problems before. I got medicated a little bit and didn't go any higher than just a little.

Be careful with getting medicated for stuff like this. I'm of the belief that allowing yourself to get over-medicated for only some symptoms can be harmful.

But if you are having like problems that go beyond something you can deal with, then you should probably ask your doctor for a diagnosis.

Best of luck to you, bud.

JoshPro January 11th, 2016 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microcosm (Post 3293534)
@JoshPro,

I had these same problems before. I got medicated a little bit and didn't go any higher than just a little.

Be careful with getting medicated for stuff like this. I'm of the belief that allowing yourself to get over-medicated for only some symptoms can be harmful.

But if you are having like problems that go beyond something you can deal with, then you should probably ask your doctor for a diagnosis.

Best of luck to you, bud.

Didn't know getting over-medicated was a possibility. Well, thanks :)