Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   do i? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12916)

ArtistInNeed June 3rd, 2007 07:43 PM

do i?

im constantly cracking my hands, and im always putting pressure on my right thumb with my right pointer finger and its always the same pressure. i always have to crack my arms. if someone touches my ponytail i have to touch it after they did. and if i think about a sentence for along time i say each word 3 times.

ex: if someone says "i thought u said youd go?"
i have to say in my head " iii thoughtthoughtthought youyouyou saidsaidsaid youdyoudyoud gogogo" i hate it!
and i put colors in order alphabetically in my head too.
like: blue brown orange red white yellow
also, i count going up steps or walking by 5's
wtf is wrong with me??

Bobby June 3rd, 2007 09:03 PM

Re: do i?

Well it could be OCD. I would check it out with a doctor.

ArtistInNeed June 4th, 2007 07:48 AM

i dont want to go to a doctor, if i do, ill have to tell my mom. Shes dealing with enough crap with me.

Bobby June 4th, 2007 09:55 AM

Well, then there is know way you can know. I don't know, if these habits bother you enough than you should probably break it to your mom.

ArtistInNeed June 4th, 2007 01:44 PM

would it be possible to tell my therapist and my psyciatrist?

Trebor June 4th, 2007 02:09 PM

First of all I disagree with Bobby's diagnosis of it being OCD. Ocd is normally something that forms along routine. i.e. the compulsive washing of hands and the need to memorise things.

What I believe is that you may have a slight case of Authism. I am making this diagnosis based on your need to alphabetise colours. If you'd like to further discuss this in private you can PM me.

If I knew more of what you were like as a toddler, such as if you were advanced with building blocks or if you had any "quircks" at the time it would help. I do feel also that you should take this up with you mother who would be able to facilitate you better then me as she'd know more of your history then you.

Bobby June 4th, 2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtistInNeed (Post 155743)

Yes, and they will probably refer you to a doctor and tell your parents.

Sapphire June 4th, 2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtistInNeed (Post 155743)

Yes, they are there to help you and for you to confide in. Also, your psychiatrist is trained and has a good, solid knowledge of these things - significantly so to be able to determine whether you have OCD or autism or whatever.