Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Embarrassing OCD Habits (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116377)

Twistember September 20th, 2011 07:29 PM

Embarrassing OCD Habits

For me this is kind of embarrassing....

Before I go to bed, I have to count to 4, 4times, shut out the light really fast and close my eyes for 4 seconds. I strongly believe that If I don't do this I will die.

Do you have any embarrassing OCD 'habits'?

Vonn September 20th, 2011 07:37 PM

Re: Embarrassing OCD Habits

I check under my bed every night before I go to sleep. I'm convinced that if I don't, I'll have awful nightmares.

Solvez18 September 20th, 2011 08:24 PM

i have to open my eyes as wide as i can and squint as much as i can till im comforatable

casanova98 September 20th, 2011 08:53 PM

hahaha i HAVE to have exact matching socks, they CANT be any wider, longer, or anything different than the other sock, they have to be EXACTLY matching

theguy231 September 20th, 2011 09:04 PM

I blow my dream catcher thing to make sure it's cleared for the night. ;)

Eclipsical September 20th, 2011 10:53 PM

hmm..the only embarrassing one is the fact that every song must end on a zero before i shut the car off...it weirds people out that i wait up to 10 seconds for this.

MalditoDia September 20th, 2011 10:56 PM

when i put any disc in like a console i have to move it around til i see that its secure and i do it once more before i close it.

SeanM1997 September 20th, 2011 11:07 PM

i tap my closed eyes 5times before falling asleep i cant sleep if i dont

canadaski November 13th, 2011 10:37 PM

I hold my breath for about 5 seconds after someone coughs or sneezes. Also, say someone accidentally coughed on my sleeve. I rub purel on my hands and rub it into my sleeve.

canadaski November 13th, 2011 10:42 PM

Forgot, also I check the stove sometimes up to 5 or 6 times before leaving it making sure I have a mental picture of the buttons in the off position. Sometimes i would run back down the street to the house to check the knobs again. I've also got the stereotypical hand washing 10 times per minute, especially when I'm preparing food. I always flush toilets with my right foot and close taps with my knuckles.

Veon November 13th, 2011 10:52 PM

Before I go to bed I make sure to hold and close my eyes (so I won't see scary figures in the dark) til the morning.

newstormywilt November 15th, 2011 06:25 PM

Randomly, I have to say something or touch something an amount of times or I feel like I might die, or someone else.. :/

Solvez18 November 16th, 2011 12:32 AM

i have another. i have to make sure things are all off and if they're not i have to go back and check repeatidly. and then make sure the door is closed and also i have to make sure that if i wipe my leg or something i have to do the same to the other.

pepe78 November 16th, 2011 12:43 AM

I do this thing with my eyes before I go to bed. I guess you could say I calibrate my eyes. I look to the left for a few minutes, then right, & up and down. I think if I don't do that my eyes will cross

VamosToro November 16th, 2011 06:21 PM

I have to do things in counts of four. I walk in counts of four. Hold my breath random times for fourseconds. I have to do certain things in sixteens because its my lucky number. I do some things in four because its the square root of my lucky number.

Syvelocin November 16th, 2011 06:54 PM

My skin-picking is probably the most embarrassing. I pick at pretty much anything really. Scabs, blemishes. And especially my fingers. They're not too bad, but they have some noticeable scarring around the cuticles. I just bite the skin around the nail unconsciously. That started around the time I got over my nail-biting, actually.

White November 17th, 2011 12:44 AM

Well my tv volume has to be divisible by 5. And if I(this is hard to explain) if one part of my body is touched i have to touch the other part until i am comfortable and same with taking drinks, if the drink is in one side of my mouth too long I gotta do the other side as long.

Nevermore November 17th, 2011 03:32 AM

Oh gwarsh.. don't get meh started.. I used to, thank God I stopped! Tuck in my sheets around my head and body so I was in a cocoon. Now I just sleep with the covers over my head. I have to wash my face, then brush my teeth, then pick at my face..
In class I pick at my face, scabs, blemishes anything. If I have skin on or near my cuticles I will pick it off. I literally will pick at my nails for hours..
Everything electronically volume has to be divisible by 5.
I have lots of quirky rituals. I have to cut my food up into small bits before I eat. I eat by colors and by caloric values. I also pick at my food. I also pull eyelashes..

Reagan Smash Bros November 28th, 2011 11:17 PM

For me, whatever I listen to or watch it's volume HAS to be on an even number no matter what.

BasketballBrad November 29th, 2011 09:07 AM

In my underwear drawer, I have to have the briefs, boxers, and boxer-briefs separated. I guess that's not too bad for OCD.