Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Help! My best friend has anorexia! (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2041649)

BlackBike9 November 29th, 2017 03:26 PM

Help! My best friend has anorexia!

I suppose title is enough to understand what my problem is. What do I have to do? Is there anyone here who have passed anorexia and can he tell me what should I tell her?

P.S. she seems to recover a little bit.

Adarest November 29th, 2017 04:57 PM

Re: Help! My best friend has anorexia!

Convince them they are under weight by looking at a weight scale and tell them its ok to eat much more than what they are eating now. They have to believe you and get use to eating a larger amount little by little, too. I hope this helps.

Juliarules832 November 30th, 2017 07:20 PM

I know a cousin of mine went through it. It is not a pretty process but they need to understand that they need help.

Tejedor December 1st, 2017 03:39 AM

I have been suffering from anorexia for almost a year now. I just want to ask you guys if you ever consider using cannabis as an alternative medicine or a solution for this kind of disorder? They say it can help you gain appetite and elevate you from depression. I was looking for medical advice online for the past couple of weeks and I accidentally came a cross this idea when I read an article from blog.bonzaseeds.com/jean-guy/. I have no idea that this is even possible so I would like to hear your personal experience with this if you have. Many thanks

Juliarules832 December 2nd, 2017 12:18 AM

I have not heard that about if you think it could work

max02 December 2nd, 2017 12:56 PM

i think i have the dude version.

andrea03 December 24th, 2017 08:53 PM

is she really anorexic or is that just your own personal diagnosis?

tsman December 26th, 2017 04:28 PM

The best thing you can do is just support your friend through whatever they are going through...the eating disorder is probably just their way of coping with what's going on in their life.

larasimos December 27th, 2017 02:19 AM

Anorexia can only be treated with positive thinking. One needs to take everything coming on the way positively. Help your friend take things positively, even if she is underweight or overweight.

Juliarules832 December 28th, 2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larasimos (Post 3608777)
Anorexia can only be treated with positive thinking. One needs to take everything coming on the way positively. Help your friend take things positively, even if she is underweight or overweight.

Very well said

DragonflySphere December 29th, 2017 07:18 AM

A possible way to fix the problem is by consulting a doctor with her and getting the doctor to show her weight averages for her height and age. If she notices that she is underweight, she might recover some more (I can't guarantee this will work but it's worth a shot).

gdude January 4th, 2018 10:59 PM

The best fix is talking with them then you'll learn how else

NewLeafsFan January 23rd, 2018 07:01 AM

Anorexia is a serious illness. You need to encourage her to get the help that she needs even if today or yesterday seemed like they were getting better. It is extremely unusual for someone to fully recover without medical intervention. I would talk to her parents about it. If she doesn't want you to and you care about her you'll do it anyway. This could be life and death. When you are with her be as supportive as you can. Let her talk to you if she needs to.