Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Anxiety (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   Panic attacks again (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98886)

TheSleepingInsomniac March 26th, 2011 06:25 AM

Panic attacks again

i have been having alot of panic attacks lately in more social situations slrry if this is badly typed in just carming down
why am i having so many paink attacks

Fact March 26th, 2011 08:31 AM

Re: Panic attacks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumosity (Post 1219691)
i have been having alot of panic attacks lately in more social situations slrry if this is badly typed in just carming down
why am i having so many paink attacks

Is it possible that you've been more stressed than usual lately? I'd imagine your overall state of mind would affect how many panic attacks you have, so if there's other problems in other areas of your life e.g. your family, friends etc. you might be more likely to have panic attacks in general social situations.

No one here can truly diagnose you, so if this becomes a frequent problem, perhaps it'd be a good idea to seek professional help?

TheSleepingInsomniac March 26th, 2011 05:30 PM

how can i get it i cant afford it and theirs no way in hell my dad will pay and take me

Fiction March 27th, 2011 11:24 AM

Maybe if you can show your dad there is a real problem he will pay?
Or is there a school councellor or something you could go to for free?

Syvelocin March 27th, 2011 11:40 AM

Panic attacks are caused by large amounts of anxiety. I usually have specific triggers, when I'm faced with one of my phobias usually. I get them a lot when I'm out in public with a lot of people, when I'm in an aeroplane, etc. What I recommend is catching the anxiety at its source, figure out what it is that's making you anxious and either removing that or learning to deal/cope when you're exposed to it (deep breaths, remove yourself from the situation, etc.) I have an anxiety workbook that I go through sometimes. Also, if your anxiety is really overpowering, meds are good to look into.

Like Kathy said, you have to get him to understand that you have some things you need to work out, that you can't work out alone. I recommend showing him a third-party source, like an informational website. That's how I got my parents on my side about my self-harm. Sometimes, people need an unbiased and informative outer source so they can have more insight beyond just their perspective and the description of your perspective.

TheSleepingInsomniac March 28th, 2011 12:20 AM

Thanks for this but one of my triggers for cutting is dad related
my anxiety triggers are people related