Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Virtual Teen HQ (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AE's/alternate accounts? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2047594)

BlackParadePixie September 12th, 2018 07:51 PM

AE's/alternate accounts?

Or more specifically... what do you do about someone who has been banned, and then just comes right back with another account? Is that even possible?
What do you even do about that? Just wait until they break several rules again?

Phosphene September 12th, 2018 10:38 PM

Re: AE's/alternate accounts?

@BlackParadePixie Yes, it's very possible and has been done countless times. After someone is banned, they are not allowed to create another account, and any duplicate accounts are banned. If you believe - or better yet, can confirm - that someone has made another account, just report it.

Just JT September 12th, 2018 10:46 PM

My understanding is yes, it’s possible. There’s stuff out there and I’m not a Teck person but there’s shit you can use to change your IP address to make it more difficult for staff and admin to do their job

Sad but true, people, friends etc get banned and we’ll never know why. All we can do is trust staff and admins decisions to keep this place safe.

Typically, I unfriend them, and if they come back and contact me I report them. Sucks....but what else do you do?

bougainvillea September 13th, 2018 12:32 AM

A lot of people just make double accounts for no reason. If that’s the case, the duplicate account is banned and the original account is frozen for a week. If they make another duplicate, that account and the original account are banned. If people keep coming back, the admin can give them an IP ban so their IP address can’t access the site.

Billy1212 September 17th, 2018 06:15 AM

A tgough to avoid ip changers, try, if possible, to hwid ban. I detects the actual device used, by hardware id

adtse September 28th, 2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy1212 (Post 3721856)
A tgough to avoid ip changers, try, if possible, to hwid ban. I detects the actual device used, by hardware id

Unfortunately, it is not possible (I know a lot about programming and computers).

However, most websites (probably including VT) uses IP blocking to prevent a specific IP address from being used to create a new account after being banned. Unfortunately, it is pretty easy to bypass this by using a web proxy or VPN. So that's pretty much the most that can possibly be done to prevent ban evasion.

Billy1212 October 6th, 2018 03:04 AM

So how does battleye anticheat use hwid band. Its well known they do. Cant you do the same on websites?