Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mental Illnesses (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   MPD/DID (Multiple Personality Disorder) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62388)

Faithfull December 30th, 2009 08:41 AM

MPD/DID (Multiple Personality Disorder)

There's no fourm for this so i'm gonna put it here.

Does anyone else have MPD?

I've been looking for a support group on the internet for it but i cannot for the life of me find one. I refuse to belive i am the only teenager with this dissorder... does anyone else have it?

Love Faithfull

BuryYourFlame December 30th, 2009 09:27 AM

Re: MPD/DID (Multiple Personality Disorder)

I have a friend who has quite severe MPD. You're never alone =] Send me a PM if you want to talk. =]

DaleyLillithCarolyn January 12th, 2011 01:58 PM

It has not been confirmed that I have it by my doctor or anything, but i do believe that I have it. I was watching TV and they were talking about it and alot of it sound very similar to the things ive been experincing. So i looked it up online and found out all about it and all the symptoms and stuff and i do believe that i have it. like i havnt been eating very much or when i do im not even hungry i just keep eating and eating, thats a symptom. memory loss. panic attacks. and there are a couple others. i wanted to find out why i might have MPD so i googled that too. it said because of neglect or not enough love from like your parents, or a traumatic event that has happened. both have happened to me. i havnt told anybody cuz ive been afraid of what they would say. like oh you dont have MPD youre to young to have it. but i searched can a teenager have MPD and i found your Q and decided to respond that way if you want we can talk to each other about it instead of being alone.

Syvelocin January 12th, 2011 05:32 PM

Hi! Welcome to the club! :P

There are a surprising amount of people on VT who do have DID. However a great majority of them are not "out in the open" like I am. But what I'd like to say is that you're definitely not alone. And I love to talk to other people who have this disorder, if you're interested. I find everyone's cases very interesting to hear about in regards to my own. You can always pm me if you'd ever like to talk :)

ShatteredWings January 12th, 2011 05:42 PM

does't amtter how weird something sounds.
youre not alone
there's always someone who can relate.

and this is a forum deticated to teenage mental health
you're gonna find at least a few floating around un noticed

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleyLillithCarolyn (Post 1146759)
i havnt told anybody cuz ive been afraid of what they would say. like oh you dont have MPD youre to young to have it. but i searched can a teenager have MPD and i found your Q and decided to respond that way if you want we can talk to each other about it instead of being alone.

actaually, it's somethin that devlopes in childhood.
it's just odd, apparently, for teens to be able to understand it well

Sith Lord 13 January 13th, 2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleyLillithCarolyn (Post 1146759)
It has not been confirmed that I have it by my doctor or anything, but i do believe that I have it. I was watching TV and they were talking about it and alot of it sound very similar to the things ive been experincing. So i looked it up online and found out all about it and all the symptoms and stuff and i do believe that i have it. like i havnt been eating very much or when i do im not even hungry i just keep eating and eating, thats a symptom. memory loss. panic attacks. and there are a couple others. i wanted to find out why i might have MPD so i googled that too. it said because of neglect or not enough love from like your parents, or a traumatic event that has happened. both have happened to me. i havnt told anybody cuz ive been afraid of what they would say. like oh you dont have MPD youre to young to have it. but i searched can a teenager have MPD and i found your Q and decided to respond that way if you want we can talk to each other about it instead of being alone.

Yes, a teenager can have DID. In fact, it's unheard of to develop it after childhood.

Here's my suggestion. Write a note to any potential alters in a notebook or some other place where you can be sure only your body will have access to it. If after a week you don't get a response try thinking about it very loudly inside your head. Hopefully by that point, if you do in fact have DID, your alter, or at least one of them if there's more than one, will have written back to you.

Nevermore January 14th, 2011 12:35 PM

Haven't been officially diagnosed yet, I have all the symptoms and an alter. I just literally told my psychiatrist about it two days ago, and she's talking it with psycologist. My friends can tell, they point it out to me. It's very embarrassing. Especially when taking a test, and I wasn't there to learn the information for it.
My suggestion is seek out help perhaps a counsler, learning about it helps too. You're not alone. :) PM me if you ever want to talk.

Syvelocin January 15th, 2011 03:46 AM

^ Can't tell you how many times that's happened to us :P Either way even. I took the driver's ed test, personally. So we have to be careful that she doesn't end up having to drive until she learns that stuff... *whistles* ;) We're pretty good about it now, but we did have one time where she surfaced during a psychology quiz :/

Syvelocin May 18th, 2011 03:59 PM

Please do not bump old threads :locked: