Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Virtual Teen HQ (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Posting Visitor Messages (via View Conversation) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223981)

Andyyy95 May 4th, 2015 08:32 AM

Posting Visitor Messages (via View Conversation)

Hey,

I was wondering if this is a known issue that keeps occurring to me when I'm replying to Visitor Messages using the View Conversation interface.
http://s24.postimg.org/5gii2ir51/Scr...t_14_27_32.png

The messages do normally end up appearing on the person's wall, but I don't feel certain enough to close the current tab which opening a new one to check it's gone through.

Please advise,
Thanks,
Andy

Living For Love May 4th, 2015 08:40 AM

Re: Posting Visitor Messages (via View Conversation)

You just need to wait that amount of time before replying to another VM. It's basically to avoid spamming, I'd say.

Andyyy95 May 4th, 2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nights (Post 3127939)
You just need to wait that amount of time before replying to another VM. It's basically to avoid spamming, I'd say.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but the error pops up when I want to reply to a single Visitor Message if that makes sense?

Andy

Microcosm May 4th, 2015 09:29 AM

Your best bet is to just check the person's page and see if it posted, I guess. A moderator might have to review it first, though.

Horatio Nelson May 4th, 2015 10:04 AM

@Andyyy95

I know what you're talking about. But you are saying the "wait 20 seconds" message is popping up even if it's the first message you've sent in a while?

Andyyy95 May 4th, 2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson (Post 3127984)
@Andyyy95

I know what you're talking about. But you are saying the "wait 20 seconds" message is popping up even if it's the first message you've sent in a while?

Yep, you've got it bang on!

Horatio Nelson May 4th, 2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyyy95 (Post 3127989)
Yep, you've got it bang on!

And you're positive you didn't post shortly before that?

Andyyy95 May 4th, 2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson (Post 3127992)
And you're positive you didn't post shortly before that?

Yep, 100% positive - the message pops up every time I send a Visitor Message using the View Conversation interface.
If I visit someone's profile directly and write a Visitor Message, I don't receive this error.

Thanks,
Andy

Horatio Nelson May 4th, 2015 10:53 AM

@Andyyy95 Okay, it will be looked into. :)

Andyyy95 May 4th, 2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson (Post 3128007)
@Andyyy95 Okay, it will be looked into. :)

Thank-you Zach, and to the other VT staff for your assistance this afternoon :)

Living For Love May 4th, 2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyyy95 (Post 3127941)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but the error pops up when I want to reply to a single Visitor Message if that makes sense?

Andy

I'm not sure, but I think that posts also count. For instance, you reply in a certain thread in the forums, and if you don't wait around 20 seconds before making another post or sending a VM, the message appears. I'm not sure about this though.

Typhlosion May 6th, 2015 07:53 PM

Are you sure no message is being sent? Clicking repeatedly or having an odd internet connection could be sending multiple requests to the VT server. Is any message being sent despite the notice?

Uranus May 6th, 2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nights (Post 3128034)
I'm not sure, but I think that posts also count. For instance, you reply in a certain thread in the forums, and if you don't wait around 20 seconds before making another post or sending a VM, the message appears. I'm not sure about this though.

This is what I have experienced, even today, so now you know. :)
But yes, whenever I post a comment and then quickly go to another thread and post before the 20 second limit, then I must wait. I assume it's to prevent spam

xXl0sth0peXx May 6th, 2015 10:09 PM

That's sort of odd that it works one way and not the other way. Have you tried using another browser, and if so, do you have the same issue? I'd say it's a double sending except it still works, so I'd guess it's just a glitch in the loading. I'm not the best on this topic though, and it would possibly be something else, but I'd always start with trying a new browser and clearing any cookies/cache.

Andyyy95 May 7th, 2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typhlosion (Post 3129106)
Are you sure no message is being sent? Clicking repeatedly or having an odd internet connection could be sending multiple requests to the VT server. Is any message being sent despite the notice?

I normally ever only click once, but I presume that it somewhat triggers multiple requests to the server!
Despite the notice, (visitor) messages are still being posted, but I normally have to open another tab and check their User Profile directly, before closing the conversation tab!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx (Post 3129154)
That's sort of odd that it works one way and not the other way. Have you tried using another browser, and if so, do you have the same issue? I'd say it's a double sending except it still works, so I'd guess it's just a glitch in the loading. I'm not the best on this topic though, and it would possibly be something else, but I'd always start with trying a new browser and clearing any cookies/cache.

I've used Safari and Chrome and still receive the same notice... It still works, but probably just double sending like what you/others have said above!

It doesn't cause too much of a problem though, just wondered... At the end of the day, as long as my messages still send, I guess it's fine!

Thanks all,
Andy