Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Alcohol, Drugs, and Meds (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Stopping Addictions Counter (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2023515)

Abhorrence December 19th, 2015 01:32 PM

Stopping Addictions Counter

This thread is similar to the non self harm calendar, in that you can count the days you have not smoked, drank or taken drugs, etc. This is mainly for my benefit but I'm sure other people may be able to use this thread also. I feel like I am sincerely addicted to alcohol and I really need something to try and motivate me to not drink. I'll also use this for smoking as well.

So, if anyone wants to use this thread then obviously you can. I hope everything is well with everyone.

Drinking - Day 1
Smoking - Day 1

Fiction December 19th, 2015 08:34 PM

Re: Stopping Addictions Counter

Good idea :) Could be really useful for me too.My drinking has been out of hand much longer than I care to admit and i've been smoking almost as long (although I did stop that for a few years, but here I am well and truly addicted again.)

Smoking- Day 6 actually, really making a conscious effort to stop. Longest i've gone without a cigarette in the longest time.

Don't plan to stop drinking any time soon, but I am cutting down. so Drinking- Day 0, but out of hand drinking- Day 2

Think the low point for me was a few months ago when I was still living with my ex, and realised I was trying to hide my alcohol consumption from him, and when he'd fall out with me for being hungover even when we'd just spent the evening in. May have been a factor in the break up too, I don't know. Really does fuck up your life. So many days i've had to cancel things because I can't function after the previous nights drinking.

Abhorrence December 20th, 2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiction (Post 3277038)
Good idea :) Could be really useful for me too.My drinking has been out of hand much longer than I care to admit and i've been smoking almost as long (although I did stop that for a few years, but here I am well and truly addicted again.)

Smoking- Day 6 actually, really making a conscious effort to stop. Longest i've gone without a cigarette in the longest time.

Don't plan to stop drinking any time soon, but I am cutting down. so Drinking- Day 0, but out of hand drinking- Day 2

Think the low point for me was a few months ago when I was still living with my ex, and realised I was trying to hide my alcohol consumption from him, and when he'd fall out with me for being hungover even when we'd just spent the evening in. May have been a factor in the break up too, I don't know. Really does fuck up your life. So many days i've had to cancel things because I can't function after the previous nights drinking.

I'm glad you think this might be useful, I just really find it more helpful to count up so that I have an actual reason to not break it. I'm sorry for all you've been through, I'm always here.
Day 2 - Drinking
Day 2 - Smoking

phuckphace December 20th, 2015 10:37 AM

well this isn't exactly an addiction (420) but more like a countdown to being able to pass a pre-employment piss-test. I'm skinny as fuck so I figure 30 days ought to be long enough.

day #7 dank free.

Babs December 20th, 2015 05:27 PM

Day 5 without alcohol.

Fiction December 21st, 2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhorrence (Post 3277190)
I'm glad you think this might be useful, I just really find it more helpful to count up so that I have an actual reason to not break it. I'm sorry for all you've been through, I'm always here.
Day 2 - Drinking
Day 2 - Smoking

And the same goes for you :)

Day 7- Smoking (bloody hell!)
Day 1- Drinking
but
Day 4- Binge Drinking (the one i'm actually trying to stop)

Abhorrence December 21st, 2015 09:49 AM

Day 3 - smoking (well cigarettes, I smoked weed last night...)
Day 3 - drinking

Babs December 21st, 2015 11:52 AM

Alcohol, day 6.
Pills/other miscellaneous things, day 1.

Fiction December 21st, 2015 07:22 PM

Day 8- Smoking
Day 0- Drinking
Day 5- Binge drinking

Apart from i'm sat here wishing I could have a couple more glasses of wine and a pack of marlboro golds. Such is life.

Abhorrence December 23rd, 2015 03:41 AM

Day 5 - drinking.
Day 5 - smoking.

xXl0sth0peXx December 23rd, 2015 12:23 PM

I like this a good amount.

Drinking (binge worthy, I suppose, because there's nothing wrong with a few drinks??) - 7
Smoking - 0 (maybe someday?)

Babs December 23rd, 2015 01:49 PM

Alcohol, day 8.
Misc., day 3.

Abhorrence December 24th, 2015 07:26 PM

Drinking - day 7
Smoking - day 7

xXl0sth0peXx December 24th, 2015 10:10 PM

Bad Drinking - 8
Smoking - 1

Abhorrence December 25th, 2015 09:53 AM

Drinking - Day 8
Smoking - Day 8

I don't think the drinking is going to last much longer, I kind of plan on getting absolutely fucked on Sunday...
I'll try not to but eh, I dunno.

Vermilion December 25th, 2015 10:51 AM

Day 2 no drink but I must add It only 2 drinks and before that it was 5 months and 2 days

xXl0sth0peXx December 25th, 2015 07:08 PM

Drinking - 0
Smoking - 0

Being home alone is so unhealthy for me.

phuckphace December 25th, 2015 10:46 PM

Day #12 without ganja, so far so good

ImCoolBeans December 26th, 2015 01:11 PM

I haven't had a cigarette in 25 days.

I was well over a pack a day when I decided to stop. I have been fruitlessly trying for the last year and a half and finally feel like I'm getting over the hump.

Babs December 26th, 2015 03:22 PM

Drinking, day 2
Misc., day 6