Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Tying Shoes (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200294)

everlong January 8th, 2014 04:27 PM

Tying Shoes

I'm pretty sure I have OCD, but I think it's more of a symmetric kind of thing. I don't like it when things are'n't symmetric. Luckily, i'm not one to kill a person in order to fix it, it just bothers me. For example, tying my shoes. My shoes have laces that are way too long for them, and so they get untied often. But whenever I tie one, whether the other is tied or not, I usually have to untie and retie the other one. I just hate the feeling when walking that one of my shoes feels tighter than the other. I was just curious if anyone else is like this?

AlexOnToast January 8th, 2014 04:29 PM

Re: Tying Shoes

I do my laces loose so i can slip them on and off :L i guess im just lazy....

baseballfan January 20th, 2014 09:32 PM

I'm the same way. Maybe your feet are slightly different sizes?

ksdnfkfr February 21st, 2014 09:21 PM

yeah do my laces loose to slip on and off.
But when one becomes untied, both have to be retied.
One shoe being tighter then the other, even when they are loose drives me nuts.

Etcetera February 21st, 2014 09:35 PM

I always have to tie it a certain way so that there's a loop and a strand always on both sides of the shoe I can't stand for it to be off-balance.

Gamma Male February 21st, 2014 09:44 PM

I'm the same way. And when I see someone with one sleeve rolled up higher than the other, I just want to just to slap them. -_- I also have this thing where I rotate the ring I wear on my finger and and press my knuckle lightly against each of the four sides(it's round, but I imagine there being 4 sides.) an equal number of times on each side. But if I forget whether or not I've already done a side I get annoyed. Someone noticed me doing it once and asked me what I was doing so I explained it to them but they didn't seem to understand. They assumed it was just a nervous tick but that isn't what it is. I do it all the time, not just when I'm nervous.

The_Unwinding April 20th, 2014 10:43 AM

It is also very annoying for me. Most of the time I just wear flip flops though! :)

NeuroTiger April 20th, 2014 10:58 AM

No need to untie the other one for me but I'll certainly prefer when both apply the same stress onto my feet...;)

backjruton April 20th, 2014 10:37 PM

Well... I still can't tie my laces as I know how much I would struggle so I only ever wear shoes with Velcro, but I do experience this too. I normally make them both the tightest they can be, I don't know; I just feel better that way.

MechaSniper April 20th, 2014 10:38 PM

me for sure

justarandomteen May 8th, 2014 09:42 PM

Yes! This happens to me all the time! If I tie one shoe, I must tie the other one