Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   ADD/ADHD (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   is this a symptom of ADD? (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20327)

tigani February 25th, 2008 02:49 AM

is this a symptom of ADD?

I can try my best to listen to complete silence but i cant. Beats from a song i recently listened to, or conversations i had always slip into my mind unintentionaly. This is how it affects my life.......

Im usualy up late doing something until im tired enough to pass out from fatigue. This sleep makes me so tired in the mourning that I sometimes skip school. But at times when i realy want to sleep so i can wake upp in the mourning,i cant. In complete silence all i can do is close my eyes and constantly rerun beats in my head. This doesnt put me to sleep, i can lay there for hours trying. Damn why does school need to be so early!

any suggestions?

Atonement February 25th, 2008 02:54 AM

Re: is this a symptom of ADD?

Well, first of all, we all aren't doctors and therefore cannot diagnose your problem.

But, a lot of things can be misconstrued to be ADD and for all I know, this could be one of them. There is definately something odd about this.

A suggestion would be maybe if you have troubles with staying up because you always hear beats, then try falling asleep to the beat. If you listen to it rather than think it, it may help. Or maybe, if a ceiling fan or a fan in your room, or anything that makes constant noise could be turned on as "white noise" this could help give your body a beat and simply doze off listening to it.

Φρανκομβριτ February 25th, 2008 02:56 AM

I'd say it's more a sign of insomnia. I get the same thing. It would be different if you couldn't concentrate on a certain conversation or beat. That would be ADD.

thesphinx February 25th, 2008 09:08 PM

I agree with ΦρανψοΒριτ, another thing I found that works for me well to go to sleep is listening to a repetitive noise like a fountain or a fan or something.

element1306 March 29th, 2008 06:56 AM

Hey, my name's tyler and i have ADD. I am CONSTANTLY singing, beat-boxing, and even just replaying the beats in my head.

crash007 July 13th, 2008 03:05 AM

Hey i have ADHD and I find myself doing the exact same thing. Cant fall asleep when I want to. Cant get up. and dont sleep at all. I replay beats through my head all the time.

IAMSAM July 13th, 2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash007 (Post 323758)
Hey i have ADHD and I find myself doing the exact same thing. Cant fall asleep when I want to. Cant get up. and dont sleep at all. I replay beats through my head all the time.

Do you mean you cannot fall asleep when you're on your meds? If that's so, you need to tell your doc about this, it's a side effect he should be aware of.