Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Teen Sexuality and Gender (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2042632)

Atom Starfire January 8th, 2018 07:43 PM

Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Often on VT people ask about orientation, I haven't decided mine yet. I probably won't decide until I am like 15.

If you don't know your orientation, what do you call yourself?

SethfromMI January 8th, 2018 07:46 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Well I try to tell people to not worry about putting a label on yourself. If you don't know, you can say I don't know or I am curious. I also say you can think your one thing but discover down the road that is not really the case and that's ok too.

mick01 January 8th, 2018 07:55 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
I would say that you're just not sure yet. Undecided. Like Seth said, don't worry about a label yet. But if you feel like you want some identity, and bi is the closest you feel today, then go with that.

EvaNL January 8th, 2018 07:57 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Tell them you don't know. You don't need to decide anything before you're ready. You don't even have to put a label on yourself.
If they can't handle you saying "I don't know (yet)", then that's their problem, not yours.

ska8er January 8th, 2018 09:06 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
U don't label urself. If someone
asks tell them its none of their
business. Theres a lot of time
before u can decide who or
what u r. For now-ur u.

Atlantis January 9th, 2018 12:19 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Puberty for All :arrow: Teen Sexuality and Gender


Don't worry about putting a label on yourself yet, if at all.

Juliarules832 January 9th, 2018 03:37 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
I am straight but curious

jamie_n5 January 9th, 2018 06:47 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
There is no rush to label your sexuality. You will know for sure in your mind and heart someday. If it makes you feel better to call yourself Bi then do it. We are also all somewhat curious about other guys and girls and it's a normal part of puberty and growing up. You could also call yourself straight curious if you wanted to.

Max the Disenchanter January 9th, 2018 11:08 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
outside of VT, practically speaking, your life will be easier if you just tell people you're straight until you know otherwise. people will just assume you're gay if you say "none of your business" or "curious". i mean, unless you go to a super inclusive school like i do.

Shamal January 10th, 2018 01:46 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
I don't think you should get at all hung up on labels - you can choose and change whenever you want. However, maybe saying 'not sure' would be better than telling people you're gay unless you are sure you are, because otherwise it can get a bit complicated.

rohancool January 10th, 2018 07:34 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adtse (Post 3616748)
Often on VT people ask about orientation, I haven't decided mine yet. I probably won't decide until I am like 15.

If you don't know your orientation, what do you call yourself?

You do not need to put a label or assign a particular age to put it. Just enjoy the life, that' s what our age is about. Don't feel the peer pressure and just live the way you want to live. your life, your rules.

Dalcourt January 10th, 2018 10:31 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
As the other said it isn't necessary to label yourself.
At your age being undecided is sorta normal so I don't think there's a need to call yourself anything.

TWDjacob January 16th, 2018 11:54 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Yeah you don't need to label yourself especially this early on but if you feel the need to label yourself it's not like you can't change your mind and you are stuck in that category

azurzg January 18th, 2018 11:50 AM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adtse (Post 3616748)
If you don't know your orientation, what do you call yourself?

Human :D

Stanley02 January 18th, 2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adtse (Post 3616748)
Often on VT people ask about orientation, I haven't decided mine yet. I probably won't decide until I am like 15.

If you don't know your orientation, what do you call yourself?

Just say havenít decided

Or non decided

Undecided

Please don't multipost like that use the "Edit" button next time
~ Dalcourt

azurzg January 18th, 2018 11:55 AM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalcourt (Post 3617852)
bell yourself

best typo ever :yeah:

:wub:

abc91 January 21st, 2018 03:26 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
dont label urself yet - youre young. you may just be in a 'phase' also. heck we all wanna compare dicks at some point

NewLeafsFan January 23rd, 2018 06:35 AM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
I think that labelling yourself as bi would be wrong. Not that there is any reason to label yourself at this young age or possibly ever, but if you insist on it say that you are currently investigating your sexuality. It's true and it's not guessing as to what it might be. It is very misleading to anyone that might be interested in you to make up a label because you feel like you needs one.

Ragle January 23rd, 2018 03:29 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adtse (Post 3616748)
If you don't know your orientation, what do you call yourself?

I human! I me!



NeonBlueButterfly January 24th, 2018 08:01 PM

Re: Is it ok that I call myself bi because I haven't decided
 
I'm jumping on the bandwagon here to say that there's no rush to label yourself. If you don't know, it's perfectly fine to say so. I cannot remember what book it was I was reading, but one character said "you don't owe anyone a label" to another, and I have to agree with that. If you find a label you are comfortable with and want to use it, great. If not, don't stress about it, because it's quite normal to not be sure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org