Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Broke up with my boyfriend, regret it. (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2041160)

ambitious_eclipse November 8th, 2017 01:47 PM

Broke up with my boyfriend, regret it.

I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 months over something really dumb.

We didn't fight or anything...it's just that I was having a bad day and felt bad for wanting to push my feelings on him (despite knowing that he's my boyfriend, he's supposed to be there for me and he's been there before). So I broke up with him, and told him to just forget that we ever happened so I wouldn't have to cause him pain whenever he remembered me.

We both really love each other, but I'm not sure either of us are mature enough or in the right place mentally and emotionally to be in a relationship. Plus I have an autoimmune disorder, which is a really hard thing for relationships because I'm always sick or at the hospital or at appointments and he always worries about me.

I can't believe I just did that, though...it's really selfish of me. How can I fix this?

ska8er November 8th, 2017 06:36 PM

Re: Broke up with my boyfriend, regret it.

If he really loves u and I believe he
still does especially when he knows
u have medical probs. Tell him some
days r harder than others and that
u were having a bad day and didn't
mean to say what u said.

dancedreamergirl November 8th, 2017 08:01 PM

^I agree with the above comment. If you regret it, let him know that you regret it and that you still want to be together. We all have bad days; he should understand.

ambitious_eclipse November 9th, 2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancedreamergirl (Post 3588381)
^I agree with the above comment. If you regret it, let him know that you regret it and that you still want to be together. We all have bad days; he should understand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ska8er (Post 3588360)
If he really loves u and I believe he
still does especially when he knows
u have medical probs. Tell him some
days r harder than others and that
u were having a bad day and didn't
mean to say what u said.

Thanks guys, I'll talk to him and try to explain where I was coming from and that I didn't really mean it.

Just JT November 12th, 2017 08:10 PM

Maybe just shoot him a text and say hey how’s it going?
Just start a conversation, see where it goes. The topic will come up eventually when the timing is right. If neither of you talk, you’ll never get past this, whatever that means for you guys

NewLeafsFan November 15th, 2017 12:02 AM

You can't fix this by talking to us; you can fix this by talking about these issues with the guy that currently appears to be ur ex. Tell him exactly what you told us and have a progressive conversation.

jamie_n5 November 16th, 2017 01:08 PM

I hope that things work out for you two. Don't let health issues stand in your way. He loves you for you.