Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (
-   Family and Friends (
-   -   I have an issue... (

Qabex818 November 9th, 2017 06:53 PM

I have an issue...
Hey everyone. This is the first time I have ever posted on here, so I hope this works out. Also, I hope this is the right place to post this particular issue, so here goes...

I have just recently finished school, and am currently job searching, yet I have run into one problem. For all the jobs I am applying for, I need some kind of ID, like a license, but I don't have anything like this and I have no money to get a license or any kind of ID. My family has said they will help me, but every time I raise the issue, they seem not very interested in what I have to say, and won't help me.

I really need some advice on how to tackle this issue, and how I might be able to get the ID I need to get a job.
Thank you all so much!!

jamie_n5 November 9th, 2017 08:29 PM

Re: I have an issue...
I know here in the USA states will issue just an ID. I would say it is only around $25. This is fairly inexpensive. I would check with the place that issues drivers licenses there and see if they issue just regular ID's and how much they cost.

emily_1109 November 10th, 2017 08:57 AM

Re: I have an issue...
A quick Google search revealed Australia offers a Keypass ID card that lasts 5 years at a cost of $39.95. Unfortunately it isn't accepted in Western Australia so I hope you don't live in that area.

Are there odd jobs you can do here and there to raise those funds?

ska8er November 10th, 2017 05:39 PM

Re: I have an issue...
If u still r living at home explain to ur
parents that if they help u into getting
some kind of ID to get a job and u do
get a job that u will help them out with
expenses. Maybe that might break the
ice with them and give in.

Adarest November 17th, 2017 02:54 AM

Re: I have an issue...
Apply for jobs anyway and tell them that you are unable to provide an ID card at the moment, and explain the situation to your employers. They might give you some time, but if not, go to a DPS or something yourself and get an ID card. Check before you go to a DPS to see if they accept a check or something, since your parents don't have any money for you.

NewLeafsFan November 20th, 2017 04:08 AM

Re: I have an issue...
I'm not from Australia so I'm not sure if this will help. Your driver's license, birth certificate, passport, report cards within the last yr, and in some cases your health card. Are you sure that you don't have any of these?

Princesa77 November 21st, 2017 08:47 PM

Re: I have an issue...
Some good suggestions here...

But getting a job is a job in itself, so be prepaired for employers not to write back because some don't. It's easy to be downhearted and discouraged, but keep slogging on. I suggest you write a basic CV and enclose a photo. If you want the photo back, enclose a stamped address envelope. For a basic CV there are templates for this on google.

Try and go for work that you think you could do best in, but when I work during the tourist season, I work in hot kitchens as I do good food and help out waitressing, the latter can make good tips.

It hardly needs be said, but always look presentable at interviews. When answering, look at the interviewer, hold their attention and not anywhere else, even if you feel very shy. Keep your hands on the table where your interviewer can see them.

I'm of the opinion that a cracking good reference carries far more weight than school exam qualifications unless you are applying for a professional career that entails training.

Good luck!

Juliarules832 November 29th, 2017 05:19 PM

Re: I have an issue...
I know my cousin never got his license but he got a state id card and it was pretty cheap

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018,