Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Puberty101 Archive (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   types of vagina (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2031700)

emmaxx September 30th, 2016 01:29 PM

types of vagina

i'm 14 and am self concious about my vagina..

i shave around fortnightly but my labia hangs down a few centimetres, when i wear thongs especially this shows and it makes me really uncomfortable because most of my friends' arent like that :/

what does your vagina look like, i'm curious because i know mine is different to most

AmyUK September 30th, 2016 01:49 PM

Re: types of vagina

That's not abnormal. Everyone is different and it doesn't matter if they hang down a bit.

Mine is generally quite tight to my body, my labia hang a little tiny bit but I have come across girls whose labias are much lower, so don't worry about it at all :)

LITTLEANGEL18 September 30th, 2016 02:18 PM

Like Amy said everyone is different, I have seen lots of all ages and there is lots of differences, but having a labia hanging down is totally normal, so don't let it worry you, as you get to see more vaginas you will see plenty of girls and women similar to you.

My labia don't hang out, but since around 8 to 9yo my clit hood shows between the lips at the top of my slit. And that's also normal as I seen other girls the same.
Take Care X :)

tiff1996 October 1st, 2016 03:48 AM

I've always looked very different. I don't have much body fat, so I really don't have a slit or outer labia. My inner labia and clit hood show all the time. When I was younger I was very self conscious about it but now it really doesn't bother me. Just know that everyone is different and there is nothing wrong with the way it looks.

LITTLEANGEL18 October 1st, 2016 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiff1996 (Post 3441130)
I've always looked very different. I don't have much body fat, so I really don't have a slit or outer labia. My inner labia and clit hood show all the time. When I was younger I was very self conscious about it but now it really doesn't bother me. Just know that everyone is different and there is nothing wrong with the way it looks.

Good for you Tiffany :yes:
XX

Claire Asteroid October 4th, 2016 11:26 PM

My labia hang out a little bit since I was 11 I think. It's normal, don't worry about it.

Cangirl October 5th, 2016 07:35 PM

everybody is different so its not abnormal. There was a post about what we all look like by a number chart thing. But its you so be proud of you :)

LITTLEANGEL18 October 5th, 2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cangirl (Post 3442755)
everybody is different so its not abnormal. There was a post about what we all look like by a number chart thing. But its you so be proud of you :)

Well said :yes: XX

shy_indian_chick October 5th, 2016 10:16 PM

i really wouldn't worry about it and it's certainly not abnormal - i've seen a couple friends who are like you describe. just like penises, vaginas comes in all variety of shapes, sizes, etc. and they're all beautiful!

angelina October 7th, 2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiff1996 (Post 3441130)

Actually the size and shape of our external genital , broader or narrow, thick or lien depends on the hereditary factor.There is no correlation between the genital size and body fat.In more cases , like mine, lien girls have much prominent outer labia.
see this yahoo answers : https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6080447AAgebGg

tiff1996 October 10th, 2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelina (Post 3443071)
Actually the size and shape of our external genital , broader or narrow, thick or lien depends on the hereditary factor.There is no correlation between the genital size and body fat.In more cases , like mine, lien girls have much prominent outer labia.
see this yahoo answers : https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6080447AAgebGg

The outer labia is mostly body fat which is why girls with very low body fat tend have lesser outer labia or no outer labia (such as myself). The inner labia and clitoris are determined by heredity.

prtygurl October 10th, 2016 10:38 PM

emmaxx, do you really mean "a few centimetres?" In the US, we use inches, of course, and 2.5 cm is an inch. Do they really hang down that far? I believe it is common with older women, but not so much with teenagers (at least, from the few I've seen.)

See this topic: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=213412

liz2003 October 27th, 2016 08:03 AM

everyone is a little different i guess

haileys October 29th, 2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiff1996 (Post 3444157)
The outer labia is mostly body fat which is why girls with very low body fat tend have lesser outer labia or no outer labia (such as myself). The inner labia and clitoris are determined by heredity.

Thats not always true, I'm 110 lb and 5'7 and I have really big outer labia.

Jilly October 30th, 2016 11:05 AM

I have seen on the internet that a lot of women seem to think that having a big labia stick out is bad and some of them are getting surgery OUCHIES! I have to admit that I have a small labia, but even if it was huge, I CAN'T IMAGINE letting someone take a knife or scissors to it. How much must that hurt when you come to?

I don't think big ones are unattractive. I mean, I recently pretty much admitted to myself Iam totally bi, and when I look at a girl, I think it's cool that they are all different. How boring would it be if they all looked the same? Some are little and petite. Some are floppy (and maybe good for playing with) Some are in between. Some are light and some dark.

It's good we have variety. We all have different hair and eyes and faces, right? So why not vaginas?

kailynr October 30th, 2016 05:30 PM

As other girls in the thread have said, be proud of yourself. Every one of us is built somewhat differently. Just to reassure you, I too have seen a variety of labia, and I wouldn't characterize any of them as anything but beautiful and unique.

Like so many things, labial structure is for the most part guided by genetics -- the combined genetics of your mother and father -- plus a little randomness that is always generated by the process of heredity.

Hang in there. Puberty often brings about changes in our bodies that wreak havoc with our opinions of ourselves. Celebrate *you* as often as you can. :)

tiff1996 October 31st, 2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haileys (Post 3450318)
Thats not always true, I'm 110 lb and 5'7 and I have really big outer labia.

Weight doesn't always correlate to body fat. I have extremely low body fat and I'm 5'7 and 140 lb. Even if you are thin, you may have some body fat in your outer labia that makes them bigger. The main point of most of this thread is that we are all different and we should embrace our differences.

angelina October 31st, 2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98 (Post 3443008)
I've heard the saying vaginas are like snowflakes, no two are alike. Variations in the size, colour and texture of the labia are normal. Check out

you are right no two vagina will be alike.There are generally 16 types. it depends are hereditary factor.Leave alone the size and shape it is a gift femininity..

darla October 31st, 2016 02:55 PM

Don't worry about it

SkyClad33605 October 31st, 2016 05:37 PM

There was a great thread here when I first joined, it lasted a while but finally got relegated to the oblivious of the second page.

It was a chart that had drawings of a lot of different vulvas, each numbered, and you would post your number. It was a good thread because you got to see just how much diversity there was and that no matter how "weird" your vulva was there were at least two other women on here with the same configuration.

My point is that you are perfectly normal. No one will judge you for the appearance of your vulva and if they do then they are a*holes. :)