Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Bipolar (Manic-Depressive) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Guys Help Me! (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25693)

pukio June 18th, 2008 11:06 PM

Guys Help Me!

WELL MY NAME IS NOAH AND I BEEN DEALING WITH LOTS OF STUFF SINCE I WAS 4, FIRST IT WAS ADHD AND ODD AND OCD. AS I GOT OLDER THINGS HAVE BEEN EASIER BUT THEN HARDER GOING INTO MENTAL HOSPITAL 4 TIMES AND NOTHING WORKED, THEN I GREW UP AND DIAGNOSED WITH BIPOLAR TYPE 2 AND I TRIED ALMOST EVERY MEDICINE OUT THERE, ANTI DEPRESSANTS MOOD STABILIZERS AND ANTI-CONVULSANTS AND NOTHIMNG HAS WORKED..

I GETTIN SO MUCH SUICIDAL THOUGHTS BUT DONT NOE WHAT TO DO

I NEED ADVICE. MAJOR!

:mad:

theOperaGhost June 18th, 2008 11:20 PM

Re: Guys Help Me!

I don't really know much about being bi-polar, but you said you've tried almost every medicine. I bet there is something out there that could help.

However, I will tell you, suicide is never the answer. The thoughts will probably keep coming, but remain strong and fight off the suicidal thoughts.

I'm sorry that I can't really help you any better than that, but just remember that suicide should never be an option.

IAMSAM June 18th, 2008 11:21 PM

Hi Noah!

It takes time to find the right meds (or combo of meds) that work, hang in there.

Talk with your doctor about the way you're feeling and work with him to find those meds. Sometimes, meds that didn't work in the past will work now, and there are new meds out there that might not have been available in your past. Have hope, and keep working with the doctor. And while you're waiting for the medications to work, meet with him to talk about ways of feeling better and doing things to distract you from these other issues.

It's never a good time to have these kinds of problems, of course, but nowadays, there's just so much good treatment out there that if you stay with it, it will probably get better soon!

pukio June 18th, 2008 11:30 PM

i kno i talk to my doctor, i been doing this for so long, no hope,

tried over maybe 60 medicine

im currently on lamictal starter pack becas i relapsed becas i never took my 100 mg so i have to start over and i take clonazepam for anxiety.

IAMSAM June 18th, 2008 11:34 PM

OK, Noah, at least there's an explanation: You went off your meds. If you do that, the symptoms reappear. When you're restabilized on them, you'll feel better. Just stay on them!

theOperaGhost June 18th, 2008 11:43 PM

You should definitely stay on your meds. Once people think the symptoms are gone, they often stop taking medications, but that is often times not a good choice. Sometimes the meds start to relieve symptoms right away, but they actually take a longer period to have a full effect. Some will probably even be needed for the rest of your life to stop anxiety and depression and other thing like that. If you stop taking them, they stop working. Simple as that. Well it might not be that simple, but it is definitely a place to start.

pukio June 19th, 2008 02:34 PM

i kno, i am gonna stay on them. but now its affect me and my gf

IAMSAM June 19th, 2008 09:39 PM

It will affect a lot of things, including your relationship with your g/f. But, only until you're restabilized on them.

hang in there.

pukio June 19th, 2008 10:27 PM

its so hard..

i miss her so much i never wanted this. i never asked for this

liam June 21st, 2008 05:27 AM

Hey stay on your meds, everything should come out OK...

checker August 30th, 2008 04:51 PM

Yep you just need to hang in there, sometimes you have to travel a rocky road until you get out on the good side of life, but normally he end result is well worth the wait.

And suicide is not the answer, as I said, you just need to hang in there dude, everyone here at VT is willing to help support you :)

waterplayer October 12th, 2008 04:07 PM

well i know never suicide. i have had people die and i have wanted to die put hang in there. get through it. stay strong live long

Zephyr October 12th, 2008 04:34 PM

-Locked-

OP is inactive,
Thread is old.