Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Abuse (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   my dad is an alcoholic, and i need help (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13551)

jessxisxdaxshiz June 28th, 2007 09:50 PM

my dad is an alcoholic, and i need help

ok guys, im new here and i have a big problem. i need ur help . ..i asked a friend on what i should do and he helped alot but words can only go so far. my dad is an alcoholic, and he has a big problem. We end up fighting all the time, and he sometimes hits me. I havent been able to talk to him yet, im afraid he is gonna beat me. He gets drunk maybe 5 times a week... I dont want to talk to a counceller at school, we only have 1, and she doesnt like me that much. and i have gone to her many times and al she seemed to do is tell me everthing im doing wrong and then prove to me that noting is wrong.

i think that going to the cops will be a last resort, i need some help.

my mom is trying to help too, i just dont want both of us to get beaten :(

help!

Bobby June 28th, 2007 09:54 PM

Re: my dad is an alcoholic, and i need help

Calling the police should certainly not be a last resort. You don't deserve to be beaten and neither does your mom. And if your conselor doesn't believe you, then talk to your principal or a teacher.

I'd say 100% call the police now, before things get worse.

jessxisxdaxshiz June 28th, 2007 10:03 PM

can u tell me what will happen if i call the police?
nobody else knows about my dad and i kinda want to keep it that way

Pioneer92 June 28th, 2007 10:04 PM

i agree with Bobby's post. also your "counselor" doesnt deserve that title, i think that you should let a higher up person like your principal know whats going on with your life as well as the "counselor". who knows what other problems have gone unheard of because your counselor doesnt believe anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessxisxdaxshiz (Post 162420)
can u tell me what will happen if i call the police?
nobody else knows about my dad and i kinda want to keep it that way

im pretty sure itll be kept quiet, i honestly doubt itd be all over the 10 o'clock news or in your newspaper or anything unless something else happened. youll probably be brought in for questioning and so will your mother and your neighbors might be interviewed too...

but if youre being hurt then its really not worth it to keep it closed lid from everyone if you guys are being hurt

Bobby June 28th, 2007 10:23 PM

Pioneer don't double post. [Edit] Double post merged by Anthony.
Ironic Infidel In England

Unless your father has killed someone, or done something very unusual, they police won't make a big deal out of it, besided giving him punishment for what he's done.

jessxisxdaxshiz June 28th, 2007 10:35 PM

k well im gonna go to bed, help me figure it out :)

Pioneer92 June 28th, 2007 10:37 PM

we just gave you answers, there really isnt much to figure out except that you should tell someone immediately before this gets more out of hand...

(and sorry for double posting before, Bobby)
[Edit] Double post merged by Anthony.
Ironic Infidel In England

Rawrbaby June 29th, 2007 09:09 AM

ya should do what is right go to a princeple or a teacher your pastor or a deacon or if ya r catholic a nun priest a monk go to someone if it gets to bad where ya need to get the police get the police, u and ya mum should get out of thar and also try to help ya pa tell him when he isnt drunk and help him out by going to the AA or some where i hope this helps i hope u solve your problem out

JoshDude June 29th, 2007 09:16 AM

If the school counsellor doesnt believe you, you should talk to another teacher who you feel safe talking to. Otherwise, if he starts to beat you again, go cal the cops. They will help. Good luck!

Bobby June 29th, 2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessxisxdaxshiz (Post 162439)
k well im gonna go to bed, help me figure it out :)

We did, and we are all suggesting that you report him to the cops yourself. Or you could tell a teacher or principal, and they will call the cops.

heartagram72 July 10th, 2007 09:31 AM

tell your so called "counselor" that u are serious, u dont enjoy it when she tells u that u do things wrong, because it makes u feel like a failure, tell her shes NOT doing her job. Then tell the prinicple about ur problem and the counselor
also tell the police IMMEDIATELY
then go to a friends house. tell ur parents its a sleep over.
thats when ur dad gets in trouble, so u wont be hurt when he gets arrested.
u probably dont like the fact that ur dads goona b arrested. Nobody would. U deep down love ur dad, just wish he wouldnt do this to you and wish he wasnt an alcolhalic

Camazotz July 12th, 2007 09:37 PM

It would be smart for you and your mom to move out, file for divorce, and move FAR away. My best advise.

northskater110 July 21st, 2007 10:51 AM

talk to another parent or relative or some1 who cares, or talk to me =]

ShatteredWings October 18th, 2007 07:50 PM

yea, i get tthat. my dad drinks too. idky...i know its hard, or even impossiable to tell the cops. but if youve been seriously hurt and thers evidence that he hit u or ur mom u NEED to tell the cops.

why dont your counclerr like you? wtf? thats wrong. tell her or maybe one of your mature(i say mature b/c sum teen girls are so stupid)

*hugs*

BornActor October 19th, 2007 07:28 PM

do u just live with ur dad?
Coz when my parents got seperated (for like 8 years) my mom took me and my brother and left so if u live with ur mom too u might wanna tell her u can't handle it anymore

kovert43 November 22nd, 2007 12:27 AM

call the police for help they see things through and if u care t much about him ask them to not do much harm to him likeput him in rehab not jail if ur qorried about him

The Batman November 23rd, 2007 08:19 PM

my dad was an alcoholic and i used to have to watch him beat my mom until he got himself together and what did it was us leaving one night while he was gone getting drunk

Maverick November 23rd, 2007 08:22 PM

This thread didn't need to be bumped. Thread locked.