Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I WANNA BE THIN (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4987)

Oath March 6th, 2006 08:32 PM

I WANNA BE THIN

I wanna be thin..im 14 5'7 n 118-125 pounds
I feel fat!
I tried belimic but it hurts my throat...n i cant hide throwing up
I tried anarexic but i started to eat a meal a day (thats wat im doing now)
I tired diets and workouts..just nothing works
JUST NOTHING MAKES ME LOOSE WEIGHT!

any tips...oh and dont say eat health and exercize cause i do both...??

Kiros March 6th, 2006 10:38 PM

Ok, one of the secrets of weight loss isn't restricting your eating - it's what your eating. For instance, at breakfast, don't skip it - just eat some cereal or something with carbohydrates. The carbs in the morning will help "jump-start" your body and raise your metabolism. At lunch, the better thing to eat would be something with meat and vegetables and maybe a fruit. That variety will give your body the nutrients it needs to work harder and better. And for dinner, something that has a little meat, some carbs, and some vegetables. For meat (for dinner at least) should be something lean - like turkey :D - and the vegetables should be something you enjoy eating - boiled carrots, corn, a salad with some of your favorite dressing, etc - so you will eat it every time and it will help your body once more. Now, I'm not saying if you want to loose weight, find everything in the house and eat it :P I'm just saying that if you eat better balanced meals that are full, then you will have more energy and a higher metabolism. Also, this will keep your body from going in to the infamous "starvation mode" where your body attempts to burn as little fat as possible.

Oh, also for the exercising, again, it's more of what you do than how much of it you do it - but that still has a factor in it. For instance, walking is one of the best ways to loose weight and it's because of the simple reaction your body has when you walk for a while (I'll get to that in a second). When you walk, make sure you don't start running or jogging or even walking too hard, but make sure it's not too slow - you should still be able to talk, but you shouldn't be able to carry out a long conversation very well. Now at this kind of speed, your body first tries to use it's carbohydrates - this isn't really what we want, but it still helps. After your "peak" (as I call it), you will start to feel like your blood is flowing and you can almost feel the heat coming off of your chest - not that your chest is on fire or that it hurts... if it does, stop walking. This "peak" is when your body switches from it's first source of energy, carbs, to it's second source, which is fat. It usually takes about 20-30 minutes on some people and it might take a little bit more if you walk slowly (which by all means you should do the first 4 or 5 times you walk). If you keep walking at the same pace for an hour, then you're body will have about 30 minutes of non-stop fat-burning action :) I've done this many times before to keep myself healthy and trust me, after you give about an hour of walking, you should feel fantastic for a few hours after you've stopped, and it's because your body doesn't stop burning fat - it keeps going for a good bit while your at your peak :D

Sorry if I might of said something weird... I don't think I'm good at explaining things :| Anyway, if you need support or have a question about something I worded horribly, just PM me ^_^

Skhorpion March 6th, 2006 11:03 PM

118-125lbs @ 5' 7" is a very good weight...

im roughly 5' 3" and 160lbs although i started working out recently

BillyWitchDoctor.com March 7th, 2006 08:16 PM

agreeing with Kiros, its what you PUT IN your body and not how you can make it come out. i think he covered it all, but through bullimia it can become addictive and through annorexia you can develop problems and those problems can lead to you not being able to have a baby as i said b4. just some of my personallity, i CANT STAND the people in my school who think they're fat when they're really just sticks and all they eat for lunch is hot chocolate-very filling(not), we're all different and there's good in that. summerizing: your not fat at all for ur height, try to eat healthier and maybe go running if you want and you'll have more energy and you'll tone your body in a MUCH healthier way than uve been trying :D if u want some help i guess i could(im a guy but i think i could help) cuz i went through some of this last year and im in much better shape

Oath March 7th, 2006 08:30 PM

yea ive been trying wat u guyz sed i just came in from running a ran for about 25 mins n walked like 5...n ive been eating healthier but is there anything else i can do???

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 March 7th, 2006 08:39 PM

I am 6ft 1 inch and im 165 lbs

BillyWitchDoctor.com March 8th, 2006 05:02 PM

at this time in life what you're doing is fine. if you wanted you could lift weights but that would increase ur muscle mass and not all girls want lots of muscles everywhere, at least thats what i know. yea just try and stay with this, but dont go overbord please. dont restrict yourself to only certain foods at this age because it will just annoy u so much. if ur at a party or something have fun and have wat you want. i do because i never really eat like that on occasion so i stay healthy

Oath March 8th, 2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC.wAkeBoArDin.06

What does that have to do w. anything...

i ran today some more for about 20 mins...how long should i run for is 20 mins to long or to short?

BillyWitchDoctor.com March 8th, 2006 09:56 PM

it depends if you want to burn calories or just maintain. if you want to burn calories you gotta run at a faster pace and probably for like 30-40 min at least to make a difference. if you want to maintain, which i recommend you should do, id say go running at a moderate pace for 30 minutes and maintain that healthy diet. like for me in the summer i bike pretty much everywhere i go in my town and it keeps me from fattening up, along with all my swimming. if i wanted to lose some weight id go biking longer and be going at a faster pace or going up more hills.

Oath March 9th, 2006 08:01 PM

in the summer i swim at least 50-60 laps a day....

i ran about 20 mins today i think im gonna go out again....i like it

ive been eating good but now i dunno cause i think im gonna stop eatin fro a lil cause ive gained some weight

queenofshoes22 March 12th, 2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkLink101
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC.wAkeBoArDin.06

What does that have to do w. anything...

i ran today some more for about 20 mins...how long should i run for is 20 mins to long or to short?

thats enough dont overdoo it

BillyWitchDoctor.com March 13th, 2006 04:48 PM

look, pink, ur 14. you are going to gain weight and you cant help it. theres a difference between the weight u gain from eating too much when ur older and the weight u gain while ur growing and going through puberty. you cant just stop eating at this age because u gained some weight since thats your body growing. it would be really bad for you to stop eating to stop gaining weight at this age. keep eating healthily and doing what u were doing b4, not eating now is going to create really bad problems for you in the future

Barelythere September 14th, 2006 04:16 PM

Re: I WANNA BE THIN

sorry to re open ths or what ever its just i have a few questions :confused: ,
kiros u said to eat carbs, do you have to is there smething i can eat instead, its just i have this ok i no its odd but i have afear of carbs, and im sure that they will make me gan weight not lose it, i cant stand eating them, is there anthing else i can eat?
also, what does lean meat mean?
and with the exercising i try to run but i cant breath after a few mins, i get sharpe pains (not stiches) under my heart and in the top side of my ribs, and i also get stiches any idea how to stop either of those occuring as they are the only reason i cant run for longer

i will try the eating thing u suggested and see how it goes, how long do u think till i start losing weight? i wanna lose about 13 pounds ideally, as i have gained that recently and am feeling bad about it, i HAVE to get it off, but i guess any is good, and i have all winter,
alotta ppl at school are doin this crash 3 day diet to lose weight atm, its ment for obese ppl who have to lose sme wieght so they can have an heart operation, is it a good idea or not?
also does a good ice skating session count as fat burining or not? i do that once a week and work hard, just wondering if that counted,
oh and should i do the walking once a day or more?

any relpy would b a lotta help thanks cya x

Bobby September 14th, 2006 04:20 PM

Here are answer
1.Carbs are Carbs, sorry
2.Lean meat's are like turkey and chicken..fish is good for you too ,low in carbs
3.Not sure.
4. Crash Diet = Reallly Bad
5. Ice skating is pretty good.
6. Once a day is more, but if you have spare time you can do it more.

Barelythere September 14th, 2006 04:29 PM

so ur saying i have to eat the carbs? k, and whats wrong with the crash diet? thanks for reply cya x

Bobby September 14th, 2006 05:08 PM

You don't have to, it would be good fro you though..

Crash diets are just really dangerous, considering you already fairly underweight i'd stay away from that.

Gamebreaker October 3rd, 2006 04:44 PM

ok lemme get this str8. you should NEVER EVER skip a meal! you have to eat healthier, and you have to do workouts that actually work! Never make yourself throw up either! Those are both unhealthy ways to get yourself... well starved and unhealthy :D But seriously! u have a good weight! Keep up the excersise u r doing and dont give up any meals. Dont eat foods with excess fats like meat and whole milk andstuff ok?

Barelythere October 3rd, 2006 06:24 PM

why not? im 6 pounds off my target now, ill soon b it, and i can b happyer about my self then, and no 1 will call me fat, i hope

~Ðarç~ October 4th, 2006 02:38 PM

pinklink well yer not fat =O thats a good weight, non fat, but i guess the best you can do is exercise annorexia and bollemia are disorders i think and i dont think you can really keep up with that, plus its a very bad idea =\

tj822 October 4th, 2006 03:08 PM

im 5'6'' and 108lbs. but thats unhealthily thin.
you dont seem fat at the weight you said.

yeh dont refrain from eating, just eat more healthy food and less junk food.
lots of fruit and veg. meat. cereal for breakfast.

and for puddings, instead of doughnuts and shit try a fruit salad.

when you start eating healthier it makes you feel better too. you feel more fresh and well, and not bogged down and ill.

listen to everyone whos posted and im sure youll lose weight if you try out different things that people have said.

:D