Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Alcohol, Drugs, and Meds (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Xanax (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2043217)

Gvanni February 8th, 2018 05:40 PM

Xanax

Has this wave hit your guy's schools yet? I'm in a really urban place so drugs are always relevant. If so, what does it do and why is Lil Pump always talking about it? Is it addictive?

nebula February 8th, 2018 06:04 PM

Re: Xanax

Xanax is a prescription drug used to treat panic and anxiety disorder by acting on the brain and nerves to produce a calming effect. Here’s a quote I lifted from an American Addiction Centre website:

Quote:

This central nervous depressant can cause euphoric feelings, but it typically soothes unruly and out-of-control emotions. Sometimes, it can work a little too well in certain individuals and cause adverse reactions, including depression.
They are also believed to be addictive and can cause withdrawal symptoms in people who take the drug other than described by their doctor, take high doses or those who have taken it for an extended period of time.

Many modern hip hop artists are introducing the idea of xanax in their lyrics as it is seen as the “trendy” drug at the moment along with other prescription medication - I’m sure it’ll only be a matter of time before the first world countries move onto the next cool drug.

Dalcourt February 8th, 2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvanni (Post 3629956)
Has this wave hit your guy's schools yet? I'm in a really urban place so drugs are always relevant. If so, what does it do and why is Lil Pump always talking about it? Is it addictive?

People take whatever drugs that are out on the market here so yeah there are the one's who are into Xanax, too. I used it prescribed by my doctor so guess I could have made money out of it.
It did nothing for me but @devotionnel gave a good description for it.

And about Lil Pump dunno maybe he has no other ideas what to rap about?
People always rhyme about stuff that's trendy and hits a nerv with their listeners I guess. Never really listened to his stuff so wouldn't know.

Drewboyy February 9th, 2018 08:53 PM

Yeah there's a handful of kids from schools by me who get high off of xans

Ambienttech98 February 9th, 2018 09:07 PM

Xans are a highly addictive perception drug used to treat anxiety. They cause a person to have a "calming" effect. They are becoming a common thing because of rap artists constantly rapping about taking them. I would think that it will be done soon in urban areas as they find new ways to get high daily.

Cognizant February 12th, 2018 09:04 PM

Xanax is a Benzodiazepine ("benzos") drug that can calm you down during a panic attack or moment of elevated anxiety. The best way I could describe it is like a marijuana high, but 10 times more intense. You can become very unresponsive to stimuli , and you don't talk much when you're on it. Or at least, that's how my friend acts when she takes it.
It isn't a good replacement for SSRIs or other antidepressants, as Xanax is highly addictive.
The side effects and withdrawal symptoms can be very severe, and can make your depression and suicidal thoughts much worse. If you must, Xanax should only be used sparingly or as needed to calm a panic or anxiety attack. Even then, lorazepam, Seroquel, and other benzos are much safer alternatives as the risk for addiction is much lower.

Un-Fun fact about rappers - Lil Peep died from a Xanax overdose, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lil Pump would be next (even though I love his music).

Human February 19th, 2018 07:38 PM

Idk why people do it in schools, but yeah it's addictive and dangerous. I've blacked out on many nights out and woken up without possessions, with various injuries and missing objects.

OleanaKuhlin March 2nd, 2018 09:02 PM

Xanax have horrible withdrawals. A couple of guys on a drug forum I read 2 years ago described it as bad as going through heroin withdrawal (they have been going through both).

If you are perscribed Xanax, ask the psychiatrist if you can get Valium (diazepam) instead. The withdrawals on Valium are a breeze compared to Xanax.

Bensos make you stupid, bensos don't make you euphoric, it doesn't make you feel more sexual pleasure, bensos don't give you energy, bensos don't give you focus... As a recreational drug they are not worth the addictive properties... But if you have panic anxiety 2mg of Xanax will kill the anxiety dead like it's totaly and completely gone like it has disappeared by just taking a Xanax bar.

And yes I know what I'm talking about. I'm well read in pharmacology and also I have taken Xanax and Valium. I have gotten bensos prescribed but I don't think it's an awesome group of drugs to get high on.

If you don't need Xanax. Not worth it.

Stronk Serb March 4th, 2018 08:41 AM

Medications are the most dangerous drugs, due to availability and resellability of perscribed drugs. I can get a box of bromazepane for 2$ here in a pharmacy and possibly overdose on it.

I am not encouraging you to do other drugs, but keep in mind that meds can be just as dangerous. I am against any drug consumption.

Human April 3rd, 2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleanaKuhlin (Post 3637500)
Xanax have horrible withdrawals. A couple of guys on a drug forum I read 2 years ago described it as bad as going through heroin withdrawal (they have been going through both).

If you are perscribed Xanax, ask the psychiatrist if you can get Valium (diazepam) instead. The withdrawals on Valium are a breeze compared to Xanax.

Bensos make you stupid, bensos don't make you euphoric, it doesn't make you feel more sexual pleasure, bensos don't give you energy, bensos don't give you focus... As a recreational drug they are not worth the addictive properties... But if you have panic anxiety 2mg of Xanax will kill the anxiety dead like it's totaly and completely gone like it has disappeared by just taking a Xanax bar.

And yes I know what I'm talking about. I'm well read in pharmacology and also I have taken Xanax and Valium. I have gotten bensos prescribed but I don't think it's an awesome group of drugs to get high on.

If you don't need Xanax. Not worth it.

The difference with heroin and benzo withdrawals is that benzos can directly kill you, like alcohol withdrawals

Stronk Serb April 24th, 2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Human (Post 3651234)
The difference with heroin and benzo withdrawals is that benzos can directly kill you, like alcohol withdrawals

For severe alcoholism, I read that you need to be monitored in a hospital for like two weeks during detox. With Xanax it takes a month and if you go cold turkey, you can suffer serious consequences, like seizures, anxiety, psychosis, even death, not to mention the effects long term usage gives. In many cases, doctors gradually decrease the daily dosage to avoid this. I still do not understand why it is given away so freely? I mean there are many more less addictive antidepressants. It is easier to get addicted to this than to get addicted to heroin. For heroin you need weeks and after every high the nausea and vomitting is horrendous. I know people who tried heroin, only to regret it afterwards due to vommiting their soul.

Human May 9th, 2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stronk Serb (Post 3662948)
For severe alcoholism, I read that you need to be monitored in a hospital for like two weeks during detox. With Xanax it takes a month and if you go cold turkey, you can suffer serious consequences, like seizures, anxiety, psychosis, even death, not to mention the effects long term usage gives. In many cases, doctors gradually decrease the daily dosage to avoid this. I still do not understand why it is given away so freely? I mean there are many more less addictive antidepressants. It is easier to get addicted to this than to get addicted to heroin. For heroin you need weeks and after every high the nausea and vomitting is horrendous. I know people who tried heroin, only to regret it afterwards due to vommiting their soul.

Xanax isn't even an antidepressant. It's mainly for anxiety, and sometimes sleep issues and panic issues.

That's the problem, because it's an instant 'feel good' pill that's cheap and easy to give out to fix someones anxiety problems instantly, yet start a whole other bunch of problems to do with benzo addiction, dependence and withdrawal. Without these negative side effects, benzos would really be a magic anti-anxiety pill.

Obviously doctors, especially in the US hand out Xanax at really high rates because it works very well and no one is really educated on the dangers of it. In the UK Xanax is not prescribed at all, Valium is occasionally but you're only given a low dose and a months supply of a few pills, or for one special occasion like being scared to fly.

In my opinion, the US should not be prescribing Xanax at all, or at least severely restrict the amount they give out or swap to something longer acting and less potent like Valium.

Jinglebottom May 9th, 2018 11:19 PM

Won't be surprised when I hear that Lil Pump has been found dead after overdosing in a few months.

BleedingKansas May 30th, 2018 05:37 PM

I know many people who do it here in the country. But then again, people are obsessed with them drugs nowadays so nothing can surprise me anymore.

bmac03 May 30th, 2018 06:32 PM

This is why I would never experiment or even try drugs unless Prescribed.

plasmaspirit June 3rd, 2018 10:54 PM

Which is more addictive Xanax or Zoloft? Back when I was severely bullied and was wracked by anxiety , I got prescribed Zoloft since my psychiatrist said it might be difficult to get off Xanax since the only reason why I was depressed was because I was being targeted by bullies. I wanted to verify this.

wheredidyousleeplast June 3rd, 2018 11:06 PM

I have literally no idea what it is, and I don't think it even exists in Australia. The reason Lil Pump is always talking about it is because he's contractually obligated to do it by the government, otherwise they'll kidnap his family and hold them hostage.

Ellia June 4th, 2018 04:17 PM

I have had it prersrcibed for panic attacks. It is pretty addicting, I started using it way too much and not for what it was originally prescribed for. I think you are more likely to develop a dependence on it if you naturally have anxiety and sleep issues because of how effective it is.

I have no idea who lil pump is, I don't think I want to know lol.

Edit: I was not on xanax, but it was in the same class of drugs as xanax (benzodiazipines), they all have very similar effects.

Lotr.13 June 7th, 2018 03:07 PM

I used to be addicted to Xanax, it makes you feel amazing but it’s so dangerous, my best friend just got out of prison because she got into a really bad accident nodding out on them, the withdrawal is awful, sometimes the feeling comes back and I havnt popped one in like 2 months

Some Kid June 7th, 2018 03:09 PM

Iím going into high school in a couple months, so Iím guessing itíll be around there a lot. Ive never tried drugs, cigarettes, etc, and I never intend to