Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Virtual Teen HQ (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Contacted by my first pedophile (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2037353)

Desdemona May 26th, 2017 08:54 AM

Contacted by my first pedophile

There are Vt users who aren't who they say they are. Naively I gave one of them my email. :-(
My email contains my full name, but that isn't enough to find me in the US. My dad who I live with has a different name as well. But I still worry.

I said that if I receive more messages I will report that person to the police. I'm just 14.

And Mr Pedo - we live in the West. There are guns everywhere in my house so just try something!!!

refrigeratorx May 26th, 2017 09:12 AM

Re: Contacted by my first pedophile

Sorry that happened be safe !!

Emerald Dream May 26th, 2017 09:29 AM

Whether or not this person contacts you again, you should definitely report this to the VT Staff. They will look into it. It's almost certain this person will just move on to other VT members and attempt to be inappropriate with them as well. VT is meant to be a safe environment.

To be honest, you're right about there being members here who aren't who they claim to be. Based on my own experiences, there are probably a lot more than people realize. Don't believe everything you read or see, and please don't turn a blind eye to it. Many members (including myself) have been fooled or hurt by others.

Voice_Of_Unreason May 26th, 2017 10:22 AM

Unless you really, really knows someone via the internet, don't share private information. As Emerald Dream said, there are more false accounts and pedophiles online than you may think. It is always good to have precautions online.

Desdemona May 26th, 2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald Dream (Post 3524948)
Whether or not this person contacts you again, you should definitely report this to the VT Staff. They will look into it. It's almost certain this person will just move on to other VT members and attempt to be inappropriate with them as well. VT is meant to be a safe environment.

To be honest, you're right about there being members here who aren't who they claim to be. Based on my own experiences, there are probably a lot more than people realize. Don't believe everything you read or see, and please don't turn a blind eye to it. Many members (including myself) have been fooled or hurt by others.

I have sent you his private messages now.

tigers May 26th, 2017 11:26 AM

Really bad:(

Desdemona May 26th, 2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlasmaHam (Post 3524980)
Unless you really, really knows someone via the internet, don't share private information. As Emerald Dream said, there are more false accounts and pedophiles online than you may think. It is always good to have precautions online.

Yes that was incredibly stupid of me. :-(

Elysium May 26th, 2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desdemona (Post 3524981)
I have sent you his private messages now.

Emerald Dream, while totally correct, is not a staff member. Please send this information to a senior staff member such as myself or xXl0sth0peXx.

Emerald Dream May 26th, 2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysium (Post 3525050)
Emerald Dream, while totally correct, is not a staff member. Please send this information to a senior staff member such as myself or xXl0sth0peXx.

It was sent on to the appropriate person already, with an explanation given. No worries :)

Cangirl May 28th, 2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desdemona (Post 3525029)
Yes that was incredibly stupid of me. :-(

dont beat yourself up from this. You're human and make mistakes right? Im sad this happened but I hope you forgive yourself for this. You obviously trusted this person and they ruined that. Be strong ! :)

IStayOnVT May 28th, 2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desdemona (Post 3524940)
There are Vt users who aren't who they say they are. Naively I gave one of them my email. :-(
My email contains my full name, but that isn't enough to find me in the US. My dad who I live with has a different name as well. But I still worry.

I said that if I receive more messages I will report that person to the police. I'm just 14.

And Mr Pedo - we live in the West. There are guns everywhere in my house so just try something!!!

I hope you be safe.

Desdemona May 28th, 2017 11:56 AM

I wrote a message with all the information to a staff member now.

lliam May 28th, 2017 12:13 PM

one more thing learned

IStayOnVT May 28th, 2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desdemona (Post 3525712)
I wrote a message with all the information to a staff member now.

thank you for your like. staff member means police?

Elysium May 28th, 2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IStayOnVT (Post 3525767)
thank you for your like. staff member means police?

No, staff member means us :P We're users like you who volunteered to help out the site. Here's a list of current staff members. Here's more information about the staff as a whole.

Greg the Fish May 28th, 2017 01:47 PM

I'm sorry. Ick.

IStayOnVT May 28th, 2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysium (Post 3525776)
No, staff member means us :P We're users like you who volunteered to help out the site. Here's a list of current staff members. Here's more information about the staff as a whole.

Oh, thank you for your comment.

clobo May 28th, 2017 04:53 PM

Oh no sorry hear that. Got to be so careful, it's a shame people can't be who they say they are online. :-(

Emilyyy May 30th, 2017 05:55 PM

Yeah without mentioning names there's a few very dodgy people on this site. I just stick to the advice around sharing of information and way to contact off VT and keep any chats on the VT PM system, that way anyone that I think is a threat I can contact VT staff and it's all on the site for them to see

Barbara. May 30th, 2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilyyy (Post 3526747)
Yeah without mentioning names there's a few very dodgy people on this site. I just stick to the advice around sharing of information and way to contact off VT and keep any chats on the VT PM system, that way anyone that I think is a threat I can contact VT staff and it's all on the site for them to see

This is very good advice. Always be sceptical of who you give information to.