Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old

The Effect of Music in Gaming

Posted July 17th, 2014 at 11:57 AM by Cygnus (David's stuff and thoughts.)

Video game music has evolved to a point where full orchestras are making magic to please the gamers, it has spanned through the years giving us memorable themes, it has even become its own genre, and most importantly it gets into the player's mind and has an effect. Music is important for video games not only for them to sound pretty, but to help create an atmosphere and give a feeling of whatever the game is supposed to make the player feel. It is sad to know that some games out there with absolutely...
Cygnus's Forum Picture
Instant Crush
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The World of Tanks multiplayer formula and why it works.

Posted July 14th, 2014 at 04:41 PM by Cygnus (David's stuff and thoughts.)
Tags gaming

World of Tanks is one fantastic multiplayer game both in it's PC and Xbox 360 versions, I am not seeking to talk about too much of the gameplay or competition, except on how matches work, because the formula that World of Tanks gives to how matches works is, in my educated opinion, perfect. This is what many multiplayer archetypes fail to do, and what World of Tanks nails perfectly.

Now, let's see how World of Tanks structures its multiplayer, you have a garage with X amount of tanks,...
Cygnus's Forum Picture
Instant Crush
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why the videogame community doesn't suck.

Posted April 19th, 2014 at 07:19 PM by Cygnus (David's stuff and thoughts.)

I'm pretty sure most people have had an unenjoyable match of whatever multiplayer game thanks to some asshole online who either complains or rages or bullies. I certainly have, both directly and indirectly. And those kinds of people have actually made a stereotype for the videogame community. An untrue one, and while the medium grows as a whole some bad seeds are most evident, the redeeming qualities are strong ones so be welcome educated reader, to why this community doesn't actually suck.
Cygnus's Forum Picture
Instant Crush
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A hopeful re-boot of my blog, and a little update.

Posted March 12th, 2014 at 06:53 PM by Cygnus (David's stuff and thoughts.)

Sooooo I pretty much stopped making blog entries, despite the fact that I actually liked making them, guess I just forgot, and I thought it was time for a little re-boot, and while I won't be posting daily I might post more regularly (and not go into six month pauses). I like what my blogs were about, and it would be a shame to just halt the making of them.

So anyways, what is up with me? Well, apart from school, exercise, and posting/modding VT I am also writing a book, which will...
Cygnus's Forum Picture
Instant Crush
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

How to review a videogame

Posted September 19th, 2013 at 08:12 PM by Cygnus (David's stuff and thoughts.)

There are various elements to reviewing games that have to be considered, since reviewing is actually no easy task. Reviewers for gaming companies (like this one) do not get a huge pay, and the job may be overwhelming when you get 3 days to finish a 30+ hours RPG, and that is not the end of it, then you need to write a full review of the game, and after that move on to the next game. Of course, some do this casually like many youtube users out there, which is much more relaxing yet it cannot be...
Cygnus's Forum Picture
Instant Crush
Posted in Uncategorized