Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

Ptsd.

Posted November 21st, 2011 at 07:19 PM by Aubrie

My flashbacks were absolutely awful today. I felt like I was stuck in them. I could feel his body against me again. These started towards the end of my general psychology class (ironic, huh?), and I was dying to walk out. I felt like if I could get home as soon as possible, they would stop and I would be "safe" again. I know that I obviously wasn't in any danger, but it felt rather real. Anyway, I stuck out the rest of the class. I walked as quickly as possible to my car, trying to keep my face steady, so I wouldn't draw attention to myself.

I felt a little safer in my car, but I was still stuck in the flashback. I was starting to tear up because the cars ahead of me were driving slowly and I was catching every light. Then I really started to freak out when I got stuck behind the local high school's bus. I finally passed it and tried not to speed home.

I was still stuck in the flashbacks off and on for quite a few hours. I'm starting to get worried. They're becoming more recurrent and intense.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1394 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Mortal Coil's Forum Picture
    I know I'm kind of late commenting, but here goes:
    I'm having flashbacks too, about the same thing. How did you get over yours, or if you haven't how are you coping?
    Posted February 21st, 2012 at 09:53 PM by Mortal Coil Mortal Coil is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Aubrie's Forum Picture
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evil.angel View Comment
    I know I'm kind of late commenting, but here goes:
    I'm having flashbacks too, about the same thing. How did you get over yours, or if you haven't how are you coping?
    Sorry this is really late

I still have them, but I don't seek professional help. My boyfriend and I discuss it whenever it's bothering me. It has helped a lot. I don't have them nearly as often now. I still have my bad days, but I just try to stay positive.

If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate!

Again, I apologize for this being so late.