Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

This blog will review opinions, daily conundrums, and anything else deemed interesting by the higher powers that be.
Rate this Entry

Why I support Bernie Sanders

Posted February 5th, 2016 at 12:53 AM by Microcosm

(Copied from another thread)

When choosing someone to support in presidential elections, it is important to me to decide who represents not only my personal interests, but also the interests of most people, and the individual who promises such benefits in the most concise and realistic way. A great factor of importance related to that sentiment is that the person supported should not attempt to control or swindle the people for his or her own political gain, that an executive of the people is not an executive of his own political bias, but rather of the will of those who he ultimately represents and the will of the law. It follows, therefore, that an executive should be someone who constantly and consistently maintains principles which favor the common man and woman.

Senator Bernie Sanders has an active and successful background in politics. Without going into details about Sanders' policy plans, a conclusion can be made: His focus is truly on the people, both oppressed minorities and common majorities rather than money and corporations, two institutions that can truly destroy the honest principles of politicians. His rival, Hillary Clinton, claims the same virtues, but is not consistent in them. This is clear by mounds of evidence ranging from shady emails to the massive corporate-interest contributions given to her campaign that drive her to act in the favor of the elite rather than in that of the people.

With that out of the way, I'll now summarize some specific policy plans(a commodity which most other presidential candidates have yet to provided) to support my opinions.

Tuition-free College

Sanders has been running on the idea of tuition and debt free college from the beginning. A minuscule tax on elite Wall Street institutions can easily make college cost a lot less for all Americans. A common opposition argument for this is that it will devalue the college degree. However, this is not true because money is not the only factor in the attainment of a college degree. Merit is more important. In short, the opportunity for all Americans to attend college should not be determined by the wealth of a prospective student, but by his merit and will to succeed, and that is the kind of freedom that Bernie Sanders stands for in education.

Fighting Climate Change

It goes without saying that climate change is a huge problem that faces the modern world. Bernie Sanders supports the fight against climate change and would have various routes of influence as president to instruct changes.

More on Sanders' beliefs can be found here.

While I don't agree with everything Sanders says, it is clear that his principles have a just, honest, and reliable foundation. For that, I trust him as president and believe his service would be a valuable asset to the progression of the United States.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 443 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »