Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

My blog, or the idea of it, is about life:

The wisdom that I have grasped,
The plights that I currently endure,
And the potential of the future.
Website Work
Old

Another Restless Night of Database Work

Posted April 13th, 2008 at 03:40 AM by Kiros (The Lingering Potential of Life)

As I begin typing this, it's 3:37am on a Sunday morning. I haven't slept yet, and I'm about to passout.

The reason I haven't gone to bed yet is because DotServant's Help Desk representative, Foong, took out all of the stop-words for the FULLTEXT search. This is very, very good because it allows all words to be indexed and searchable. Before, I thought all of the words were searchable - as that is what Foong had told me - but apparently, there were stop-words (even very important words...
Kiros's Forum Picture
Retired Administrator
Posted in Website Work
Old
Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average.

Completed a Major Upgrade

Posted April 9th, 2008 at 01:54 AM by Kiros (The Lingering Potential of Life)
Updated April 12th, 2008 at 04:44 PM by Kiros (Reset Category)

I've had our entire site moved to the newest, fastest server available with PHP 5.2.5, OpenSSL 0.9.8, and MySQL 4.1.22. I upgraded the forums to vBulletin 3.6.9, reset the Datastore to use a file-cache system, and set the database connection to use MySQLi (a new feature found in MySQL 4.1+). I reverted all templates that the upgrade required, upgraded our shoutbox to Inferno vBShout 2.5 (build 2), and recoded all of the templates that I reverted to handle add-ons that we have installed while retaining...
Kiros's Forum Picture
Retired Administrator
Posted in Website Work