Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

Where does it stop?

Posted September 26th, 2014 at 11:36 AM by lovelycaleb

Im in the car writing this so if its erratic, thats why...

Think about this. We've gone from a technologically deprived society to a technologically addicted society. It seems just yesterday we were all using landlines. Then it was those seemingly indestructable Nokia cell phones. Then the all-knowing Palm Pilot...what a disaster of a device.

I've mentioned this before on my tech blog which I will link below NOT for advertising but just incase anyone wants to read it. If you look back, technology has started to advance faster and faster and invade our privacy more than we want. Google, for example, uses geofencing for location-based reminders. But that means its always checking our location! I'm not sure about you but thats just creepy.

The latest fad, as I'm sure youve heard, are wearables. Google Glass, the Galaxy Gear, the Pebble, and the Crapple Watch. I don't like Google Glass because theres no vocal RECOGNITION. For example, Marques Brownlee (MKBHD on YouTube) had someone run up to him and shout "OK Glass, Google horse fuck, SafeSearch off, open first 50 results in new tabs". I don't want to see that. Just no. Also, you can't LOCK those wearables. They're so easily stolen its just sad...

Now the watches...they allow drivers to become distracted even easier. You can send your heartbeat to your bae on the watch. You can send cute little messages. Isn't that adorable? Not when you're dead on the side of the road with no heartbeat. You are easier to distract when you're connected in so many ways.

Also, technology harms us emotionally. How? When you've got all this stuff blinking and buzzing and people trying to communicate with you, you can get to that point of "Oh my God what is even happening!" and not know what to do.

Too much external stimuli from technology is, needless to say, a bad idea.

Mods, remember when I said i would post my blog? Look away now please if you're triggered by hyperlinks.

If anyone wants to read more like this, I write all the time on [url]http://techtalknow.wordpress.com[/url].

Please comment and let me know what your opinion is!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 415 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments