Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

I have decided to write about my life. why not?
Old

Rokkyu -> Gokyu

Posted February 14th, 2009 at 01:00 PM by Jean Poutine (外国人 - a mandarin language student's life)

I got promoted.

Now I have a neon yellow belt.

: D
Jean Poutine's Forum Picture
Awesome Poster
Posted in my life, JUDO!
Old

I'm good at something!

Posted February 7th, 2009 at 12:52 AM by Jean Poutine (外国人 - a mandarin language student's life)

Today we did tachiwaza randori, also known as "stand-up fighting".

I was paired with a brown belt. Me being white, he obviously went easy on me, told me when I had opportunities and what to do against attacks. I don't claim I totally destroyed him or anything, because I would be lying, first of all, and that's not the goal of randori.

I am, however, claiming I did get a few great shots of my own, without my partner's guidance, although I admit that I missed...
Awesome Poster
Posted in my life, JUDO!
Old

judo day one : comments

Posted January 12th, 2009 at 09:50 PM by Jean Poutine (外国人 - a mandarin language student's life)
Updated January 12th, 2009 at 11:57 PM by Jean Poutine

I had my first judo class today. I had a BLAST! I made friends and everyone was nice to me. I realise I had no reason to be scared of people.

TECHNIQUES JASON LEARNED :

-uki goshi
-o goshi
-o soto gari
-seoi nage

IMPROVEMENTS JASON MUST WORK ON :
1) uki goshi
-keep on the movement even when on the ground
-do not forget second step

2) o goshi
-POP DA BOOTY BLOCK HIM
-do not forget second...
Awesome Poster
Posted in my life, JUDO!
Old

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Posted January 8th, 2009 at 11:02 AM by Jean Poutine (外国人 - a mandarin language student's life)

So Jason is a proud Judo white belt. Please bow to my awesomeness.

First class in 3 days. I still have questions to ask to the instructor about the classes. My best ideas ALWAYS seem to come after the deed is done.

A REMINDER TO MYSELF ABOUT THE QUESTIONS I NEED TO ASK MY NIECE TO ASK TO THE INSTRUCTOR SO HE DOES NOT RECOGNISE MY VOICE :

-do you randori often?
-is this a kodokan judo class or is it affiliated with another organisation?
-how...
Awesome Poster
Posted in my life, JUDO!
Old

sounds like another major switch.

Posted November 28th, 2008 at 03:49 PM by Jean Poutine (外国人 - a mandarin language student's life)
Updated November 28th, 2008 at 03:53 PM by Jean Poutine

so yeah. what this semester taught me is that I'd prefer driving an ice pick through my brain than to do maths.

I'm currently a computer science major with a literature minor. before that, I was a modern language major.

I was discussing with a friend yesterday and I told her that "I'll just do what I do best, and send you a real nice writing for christmas".

that opened my eyes. 'cause really, writing and interpreting others' writings is what...
Awesome Poster
Posted in my life