Let the day surround you
You don't need a reason
Let the rain go on and on
Rate this Entry

Fund Raiser and Volunteering

Posted April 12th, 2009 at 06:57 PM by Zephyr
Updated April 12th, 2009 at 07:15 PM by Zephyr

So, if you didn't read my thread in The White Padded Room already:

My friend Lynn was recently caught on fire and has 3rd degree burns on over half of her body. She had to be Life Flighted to Portland and is going to be in OHSU making a recovery for a month and a half at least.

Through the place where I used to work at (and where Lynn works), we're going to do a fundraiser, and all former and current employees are donating their time, no pay at all to raise money for Lynn. 100% of the proceeds that night are going towards Lynn and her family for medical expenses as they are poor, and Lynn's husband is having trouble finding a job since he's a mechanic.

Also, since I live basically a hop, skip and a jump away from Lynn, I volunteered to take her kids to school on the days that I don't have school myself since Lynn's husband doesn't have his license.

My sister and I are going to put some fliers together and she's going to post them around town about the fund raiser, and I'm going to post them around my Uni on the bulletin boards.

And I'm also considering going down and asking my former boss if I can work, without receiving pay. I'm the only person who can possibly step up and fill Lynn's shoes, and will work for free until Lynn can come back or something.

It's all just in the idea stage,
But it's still there.
I feel like I can do something more now = ]

Lynn totally deserves all of the help that we plan on giving her,
I've never met a person who didn't like her,
And she's like a sisterly/motherly figure to me in many ways.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1476 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Gumleaf's Forum Picture
    you know, although the circumstances are horrible i think this will be really good for you steph. nice job, you are awesomeness.