Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

Quick Spanish Classes with TheMagicPotato | Lesson One.

Posted January 1st, 2018 at 11:26 AM by TheMagicPotato

Quick Spanish Classes | Lesson One: Greetings

Do you want to learn a new language? Do you want to do it in a fun and exciting way? Then, welcome to the Quick Spanish Classes, with me: TheMagicPotato.

The intent of this is to learn quick and useful phrases for the Spanish language. With pronunciation helps and examples. Today our first lesson will be about Greetings. So, grab a notebook, a pencil and write down.

Basic Phrases

Hello! = ¡Hola! (Oh-lah)

This the most common type of greeting. Notice that there's another exclamation point before the word. Why is that? Well, this helps to recognize questions and exclamations in long sentences.

Imagine this: Well, after looking at all the options, I personally think we have a decision!

Even though, this is normal for an English-speaker, for a Spanish-speaker, this is confusing, because you don't know if all the phrase is in exclamations, or If it's only the last sentence. In Spanish, this is translated to:

Bueno, despues de considerar todas las opciones, ¡Creo que ya tenemos una decisión!

You see? It's much clearer. Now, we know the last sentence is an exclamation. This rule also applies to questions or interrogative sentences.

Also, did you notice that you don't pronounce the H letter? We'll get into that in another lesson.

How are you doing? = ¿Cómo te va?. (koh-mo-teh-vah)

You see? It's the same with the interrogative questions.

But, wait a minute. What's that weird thingy that's above the first O in Como?

Well, friendo, this the acute accent, this is used to mark the tonic syllable in a word, but,
there are rules to this. We'll get into that later.

Let's focus on the last common Greeting:

Bye! = ¡Adios! (ah-dee-oz)

This is how you say Bye in Spanish.

Did you notice that the Spanish pronunciation is exactly like the English pronuciation? It's easy. Just practice some mouth exercises and you'll be good to go.

We touched the very basics of Spanish ortography and pronuciation, plus, you learned how to say Hello and Good Bye, but, we're not over yet.

I going to continue this series of blogs, so, keep practicing. Y un día de estos, lograrás hablar español como un nativo.

Adios.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 599 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    elfin's Forum Picture
    muchas gracias
  2. Old Comment
    Hola estoy aprendiendo en colegio. Me gustaría hablar a practicar para mis exámenes este verano. También Tengo 15 años