Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

All bad poetry stems from genuine feeling,
Rate this Entry

have you needed something so bad you cant sleep at night...

Posted August 7th, 2011 at 08:28 AM by love is louder
Tags mind, update

so my last therapist session was eventful. i have two sets of homework for this week the first i have published on the "cutting and self harm forum" http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=111323
as i think it could help people on there to cut down. but this is more like a questionnaire that i have to fill out every day that i self harm. it goes something like.....
  1. What were the specific circumstances that led to you harming yourself?
  2. How did the day start?
  3. When did the thought of harming yourself occur the first time?
  4. Did it grow over a period of time?
  5. Did you attle against it?
  6. What were your thoughts and feelings at the time?
  7. Did you feel that your situation was so unbearable that you had to do something and didnt know what else to do?
  8. Did you want to get relief from a terrible state of mind?
  9. Did you want to "blot everything out" or escape for a while from an impossile situation?
  10. Did you feel that you simply lost control of yourself and have no idea why you have behaved that way?
above are the questions that are directed at me and my situation. but these are also questions that relate to other peoples situations
  1. Did you want to show how much you loved someone?
  2. Did you want to make people understand how desperate/hurt or in pain you were feeling?
  3. Did you want to signal to someone that you needed help?
  4. Did you want to find out if someone really loved you?
  5. Did you want to frighten or get your own back on someone or make people sorry for the way they have treated you?
  6. Did you want to try and influence a particular person or get them to change their mind?
  7. Did you want to make things easier for others?
  8. Did you want to die?
    How did others respond when you harmed yourself?
  9. How do you feel now?
i will be posting mine on my blog until next Friday.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1411 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Interesting questions...my shrink gives me writing assignments all the time. Started me to keep journals of my day.
  2. Old Comment
    mine eventually for the most part avoided those type of questions on my behalf
  3. Old Comment
    love is louder's Forum Picture
    i really dont know how well there going to work but everything she has got me to do has kinda helped a little bit so im giving it the benefit of the doubt. maybe ill be able to find out why i do it.
    Posted August 8th, 2011 at 06:53 AM by love is louder love is louder is offline
  4. Old Comment
    you probably eventually will I know I found out lots, but that was mostly because of a like psych evaluation test thingy
  5. Old Comment
    love is louder's Forum Picture
    all i know is i have some kind of anxiety disorder that im not aware is happening. i havent really been fully diagnosed with anything. my therapists have kinda just touched on things after that. !
    Posted August 9th, 2011 at 07:17 AM by love is louder love is louder is offline