Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old

Fun Psych Fact of the Day

Posted November 21st, 2013 at 03:00 AM by TheMightyBruce

Major Depressive Disorder occurs twice as often in females than males. The average age of onset is somewhere between mid and late 20's. However, this age of onset is slowly becoming lower and lower. After one major depressive episode, it is likely that more will occur.

Keep in mind that just because signs of depression are present, you may NOT have Major Depression. There are a variety of disorders that involve depression symptoms.
TheMightyBruce's Forum Picture
Old

Posted November 20th, 2013 at 02:24 AM by TheMightyBruce
Updated November 20th, 2013 at 02:39 AM by TheMightyBruce

GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid) is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter of the nervous system.

Too much can prevent neurons from carrying out messages properly or fully.

At the same time, too little of this neurotransmitter can cause neurons to fire too quickly or too easily when coming in contact with stimuli. This leads to symptoms associated with irritability, anxiety/panic attacks, and insomnia.
Old

Posted November 19th, 2013 at 01:33 AM by TheMightyBruce
Updated November 19th, 2013 at 01:36 AM by TheMightyBruce

The DSM-V (named for the fifth version) is the current version of the manual that all psychiatric physicians and psychologists use in diagnosing patients. The DSM-V lists various criteria for a number of disorders associated with abnormal psychology.
Old

Being ill sucks.

Posted November 17th, 2013 at 09:27 AM by Dimentio (Just Bored.)

Well on Friday i felt myself coming down with something and i was like "REALLY cannot be bothered for this right now!" But it happened so fast, like i was sitting there and in less than a second my eyes and face and body was burning!
And then yesterday i could not eat, my gums started acting up again, and i felt like shit and hardly at that day!
And now today my gums hurt even more, i feel like shit still but completely better than the past few days but something that is...
Dimentio's Forum Picture
Great Poster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

i'm 100 now

Posted November 16th, 2013 at 11:54 AM by kitten13

i'm 100 now how did you 100 fell.

kim
Posted in Uncategorized